Mark Douglas "Trading in the Zone" Audiobook + Trading Psychology Seminar

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by zghorner, Nov 6, 2019.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Absolutely spot on. If expectancy is negative, no money management or discipline will help. Think of roulette, no discipline and MM will help there in a long run. (one guy managed to crack it, but it was due to technological reason, if interested read the book "13 against the bank").

I would even add more, once model is found, automate. Then all emotions are gone.

#21     Nov 7, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and qlai like this.
  2. qlai,

I LOVE THAT quote. Damnnnnn, I love that. That's the best analogy, I ever heard as it relates to trading. This is the reason I strongly believe "NOW", building my trading skills and learning the charts and price behavior, is my number #1 challenge. That psychology stuff is for later on.

#22     Nov 7, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  3. RedDuke,

Thank you. I agree with you fully.

I look back at all the money I loss trading in the beginning and buying this trading system and joining this chat room and follow this and that person trades, I recall many traders in the paid chat room asking the trading guru "I am on a 4 losing streak", and the guru would say "just stay discipline and control your emotions"..........many of times I would think to myself "How do I know what I am doing is working".

I fully know better now.

#23     Nov 7, 2019
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Best of luck, btw nothing wrong with having 4 losses in a row, if that is indeed in your model.:D

#24     Nov 7, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Yes, nothing at all wrong with it now.

The one thing automated trading taught me when I was programming and clicking backtest many times was: The bigger the sample size, the better the equity curve. It's about the number of trades, loss come and go.

#25     Nov 7, 2019
    MACD likes this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Backtesting is hard. One of the ways to design and test in the middle of the sample. And then run it for the whole sample, thus it gives you some forward test.

#26     Nov 7, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

delete trading in the zone.jpg

#27     Jan 31, 2020
    MACD likes this.
  8. zghorner

zghorner

#28     Jan 31, 2020