Mark Douglas "Trading in the Zone" Audiobook + Trading Psychology Seminar

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by zghorner, Nov 6, 2019.

1. zghorner

zghorner

I stumbled upon these videos in my continual search learning how to not suck at trading. I am glad that the audiobook is of professional quality and easy to listen to. The Seminar is pure gold. I hope this info can be helpful to some of you.

RIP Mr. Douglas.

2. ps0013

ps0013

THANK YOU...Only 20 minutes in and I already see value

zghorner likes this.
  3. zghorner

zghorner

Very welcome. I am on my second round of TITZ...I listen to it when I clean or workout or drive etc...the dude has me pegged meaning my exact thoughts and feelings when trading. I’ve found both very worth while.

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Loved the book, years ago when I read it. Then years later, I came to conclusion, non of it matters, if a trader does not use model that has positive expectancy.

SimpleMeLike, qlai, zghorner and 2 others like this.
  5. imjohn

imjohn

Agree with this. I listened to a bit of Douglas early on. The only thing that stuck with me was his discussion of the profit gap, or the difference between actual results and trade plan results. Focusing on the profit gap led to some dramatic changes in my behavior.

I think if a trader has a solid plan and bad execution, perhaps some of the man's suggestions will help that trader to find ways to improve execution.

RedDuke and zghorner like this.
  6. Read the zone book. There is an exercise where you enter 20 trades randomly (or at least I did) and manage the trade to profit. That was an eye opener for me.

7. qlai

qlai

How can this be done other than averaging down? What was the point of the exercise?

8. If memory serves, something like this:

enter randomly, if it doesn't hit stop, scale in/pyramid, etc.

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Random entries do not work. Tested the shit out of this idea.

10. qlai

qlai

Oh, so I guess understanding of the importance of the trade management.

What is your definition of not working?

#10     Nov 6, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.