Mark Douglas - How to think like a professional trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nooby_mcnoob, Apr 2, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

Sad, shocking even,i thought such things happen only in our country.
    You may have to spend a lot of time trying to prove all this and my advice may be totally misplaced or wrong, but concentrate on your trading and you will get back whatever you lost,eventually.in that me, Mr Foresight and everyone here will help you. This is in your hands.

#51     May 15, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. GhostOf144

GhostOf144

Douglas. This never ceases to amaze. Probably the most useless, yet over-rated and revered author among retail traders.

Guy makes some money on paper, lives a lavish lifestyle, blows up and loses it all and more.

Never returns to trading, but sets himself up as a cottage industry teaching "trading psychology."

Show me a guy who goes through this, and then comes back to be a success - that's the guy you should want to hear from. (There are a number; most I knew on the floor blew up at least once, and usually more than once.)

Douglas' best trade was those books and seminars.

#52     May 15, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

these guys are the smart guys
    why trade -which is a highly difficult thing thing to do- when you can exchange the dreams and hopes of a lot of people for money in your own bank account?

#53     May 15, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

why does not: understanding how the market works,find a place in this list? because that is the most difficult thing to do?:D

i find, in this world, with total focus on the individual, is warping our sense of reality
    and if you want a simple way of trading, which is also profitable, please check my journal. but only the later trades because i have recently solved my problems.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    #54     May 15, 2018
  5. padutrader

padutrader

that is why there a hell of a lot more shrinks than there are pros-which do you think is easier: advice the best or be the best:D

#55     May 15, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

how is he different from Neiderhoffer?

#56     May 22, 2018
  7. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thank you very very much, dear Trader God! What a joy to find this your note - our gratitude to you! I am sorry to have missed it for almost six days! Sorry to hear that in India happening the same...
    Thank you for advice and yes, performance is what I am trying every day, while my husband is writing our pleadings.
    Today is a good surprise - I've read in one post(shame on me forget which, but will find and thank him later), about RTY, it looks what I was missing. for the past three years. Well, our capital is ridiculously small, plus the psychological pressure of all what we were and still going through, make it very hard the beginning. But with only 5$ per tick, I feel much better. RTY moves pretty much as ES, where I am always. Obviously, Forex is not an option for us, considering our jurisdiction and what big brokers such as UBS and Credit Suisse performed on us. So will re-start with beloved CME, hopefully, today or very soon.. Supported now by you and others so dear members of ET!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    #57     May 22, 2018
  8. Mifar

Mifar

Professional traders have some great habits which make them strong. A professional trader is a person with the calm nature and stiff mentality. He knows the market like his own family members in order to tackle with it according to its behavior. Do you know the market in thia manner?

#58     May 22, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  9. padutrader

padutrader

i love this
    perfect
    rather than impose 'systems'

it is knowing the psychology of the market,of buyers and sellers, and acting professionally

#59     May 23, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

your psychology, that of the trader, does not matter....but the psychology of market place, of buyers and sellers, are key to understanding the market movements

the trader psychology matters in implementing trading decisions.....but trading decisions should depend on understanding of market

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    #60     May 23, 2018