Mark Douglas: Any info?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

#61     Oct 5, 2014
  2. Mark Douglas is just like any one of you and me. Some guy who wanted to be a money making trader. His books speak for themselves, they are wordly and verbose, especially disciplined trader.
    When I traded with ETG in early 2000s, I was sitting in Newport beach with probably 200 charts printed all over the office, and i picked up his book, found his number and called him. He basically told me what Ed Seykota told me...find a system of trading you like and follow it. He told me to scale down and learn to follow a plan on such small money that its like playing (nintendo, atari, or whatever you little shits play now) It was almost like forget the chart, the TA, and all the other bullshit. Following a legit plan is more important. Yeah you might need a trendline or something to find a trigger, but once you are in the trade and you have a position size you can manage , it's all up to you baby.

It makes zero difference what Mark's background is in the markets to you or anyone. What you will find value in is unless you can follow a system, you are toast, end of story.

Trading is so simple. You will spend your broke years becoming awesome at one simple thing, learning to not give a fuck about what anyone you know (espeicially when you are on your journey) says, cause they are usually working slaves. Your life will change, because you won't spend very much time making money (it's the losing money that sucks your time, if you are successful you know this.). You will have to find things to do, you will outgrow your life when you are really successful, and this hurts, and change is uncomfortable.

If you are spending a lot of time trading you are doing something drastically WRONG and i bet you are not making much of the money that is available to you. The dream is that you have the money, then it becomes nothing so important. Money is one very small part of a full life. If you don't have optimal health, you have no use for the options money gives you. Most of the trading industry is a complete scam forcing most wanna bees to overlook how deceptively simple making money in the markets really is. If you buy into the scam, you cant see the true info.

Ok...well back to Mark Douglas, when I talked to him he seemed like a genuine guy. He can choose to make money or lose it. He had times when he made a lot of money in the markets but blew it out spending on his girlfriend and her kids. That's no different than just losing in the market, its still losing. He told me this.

If he is broke now or a gazzillionaire, at least he isn't hucking a dream to make you rich. What I remembered from our talk over 10 years ago is that trading is a skill, and its not what you think it is when you start. Pretty much the end of the story.

#62     Oct 6, 2014
    TripleJs likes this.
  3. jem

jem

Imo, lawyers should be here to discuss trading or point out how leftist policies are destroying our economy.

We don't need lawyers to make threats about defamation suits. I am sure you are aware how difficult it would be for a limited public figure to succeed in a defamation suit. Have you seen any actual malice?

1. the comment about Neiderhoffer was a witty comment aimed at marketsurfer's blustery defense of his buddy's trading competence. It had nothing to do with Mark Douglas. You should apologize to moneyturst

Finally, while I have not read every page I think Mark Douglas came out looking pretty good for guru. So all you participation has done is made it look like he has a fragile self image.

#63     Oct 9, 2014

4. That sounds like an upfront guy....

#64     Oct 11, 2014