Mark Douglas: Any info?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2013.

1. He was an insurance guy, who spent 9 months as a broker then blew out, and spent the next 8 years writing a book? Did you leave something out?

thanks, surf

#11     Mar 15, 2013
  2. He specifically claims "consulting" so ask. He has made a public claim naming those organisations, so yours would be a valid enquiry.

Didn't we recently have a discussion about learning from people who may be great teachers, but not necessarily have great achievements in the field in which they teach?

#12     Mar 15, 2013
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

His first book was published in 1990 and he started his consulting firm during that time period.

According to About the Author, he is "an active trader and president of Trading Behavior Dynamics, Inc., which develops seminars and training programs on trading psychology for brokerage firms, banks, money managers, among a wide range of professional organizations."

Why not give him a call and interview him?

#13     Mar 15, 2013
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

If I have a serious drinking problem, I want help from someone who had a serious drinking problem and overcame it.

If I have a serious trading problem, I want help from someone who had a serious trading problem and overcame it.

#14     Mar 15, 2013
  5. How do you know he ever overcame any problem? Serious question.

thanks, surf

#15     Mar 15, 2013
  6. you caught me! Just doing some prelimary research now, maybe I will do that.... :D

So he never traded full time but rather started consulting and writing?

Am i following....

thanks, surf

#16     Mar 15, 2013
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi reminds me of Nisson who also only teaches. They bring in too much $ through teaching vs trading, and it is all risk free.

#17     Mar 15, 2013
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Although I can't answer for Mr. Douglas, the phrase "got a job as a broker with Merrill Lynch..." indicates he probably traded full time because he quit his existing full time job to do this.

#18     Mar 15, 2013
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

I don't know if he overcame his own trading problem. Just because was described in 2000 as an "active trader" doesn't mean he was/is a profitable trader.

#19     Mar 15, 2013
  10. I dunno. All the guys on my trading desk used to rave about him but I never found him very useful, felt like it was a bunch of psycho-babble. I have two of his books, maybe I will try reading it again this weekend.

#20     Mar 15, 2013