Mark Cuban pushes for 20 cents per share tax on every roundtrip.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Not when it takes two hours!

#111     Oct 27, 2008
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Taxing on the basis of the number of trades would likely be counterproductive if less market volatility is wanted. Greater participation and volume will reduce volatility on average, and consequently taxing individual trades would likely be counterproductive, unless the tax is so small as to have no impact on trading volume, in which case the revenues raised might not be worthwhile.

Unless productivity can be increased dramatically, which seems unlikely, cuts are going to have to come from major expenditure items to be significant. Thus Medicare and Defense spending are likely to be laid first on the chopping block. Medicare may be saved but it is going to require very significant increases in the contribution rate along with price controls, and probably deregulation of the medical-drug-insurance-FDA cartel to introduce competition, which of course will be fought tooth and nail, because price controls and deregulation would result in someone making less money.

It seems unavoidable that US citizens will see greater total tax burden (direct and indirect via inflation) going forward. And it is likely we will see both an increase in the capitol gains rate, and personal income tax rates as well as medicare and social security contribution hikes on top of, eventually, severe inflation. Otherwise the rate at which national insolvency approaches will accelerate.

Curiously, there is one entitlement program that would be trivial to fix so long as the fix is not further delayed. And that is social security. So why are we still talking about it? Time to get on with it and get that one off the table so the more difficult problems can be concentrated on.

#112     Oct 27, 2008
  3. Mark thinks liquidity is like when you have to go peepee.

#113     Oct 27, 2008
  4. I know a partner from the firm that represents Cuban in Dallas, and when Cuban was rumored to be a candidate for last seasons dancing w/ the stars program, this attorney told me that Cuban used to be a dancing instructor in college, and would probably do pretty well. Little know fact about Puban: he was a fucking dance instructor in college. Do not listen to anything else he says, he used to teach the Mambo.

#114     Oct 27, 2008
  5. Wait. You are a communist? HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Now I c where you are coming from

#115     Oct 27, 2008
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Is there an inverse relationship to wealth and intelligence?:D

This a bad idea on so many levels. #1 being it punishes the wrong people. Not only that, it will restrict the flow of capital and that is never a good idea. Something tells me he is yanking our chain. No one can be this dense.

#116     Oct 27, 2008