Mark Cuban on Romney tax plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DirkDigler, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Bullshit, unless the business looking for money is one of the very few with a rock solid business plan, or a a brand new in genius concept, or a AAA rating like McDonalds, no one is lending in this environment.

Dont take my word for it though, ask the millions upon millions of well qualified home owners who cants get a loan for a house even though their credit is rock solid.

I know this situation all too well, I had enough CASH to purchase my house in arizona and i couldnt even get a bank loan. I have made more for the past 8 years on avaerage than what the condo is worth, and they wont lend to me.

My situation may be extreme cause im a dual resident, but my plan was to buy up a bunch of houses for 100k a piece with 30% down, that i could rent for 14-1600 per month and let them pay for themselves, it was basically arbitrage with rates this low..... But the bank wont even lend me money to buy my personal residence.

#11     Oct 12, 2012
  2. Disagree.

Is the customer of my customer solvent?

I need to feel confident that he will be solvent, at least untl he pays my bill.

#12     Oct 12, 2012
  3. Yes!

What was it yesterday Steve winn posts he is going to lay ooff employee's if Obama is re elected. What good news to wake up to. No I'm not going to extend credit to any of his employees.

#13     Oct 12, 2012
  4. jem

jem

ricter was there anyone demanding a google phone, before google invested in them. I had no desire to leave my blackberry until I saw navigation with a gps on a phone. The Iphone without a good gps was just not doing it for me.

I never had much need for a tablet, until I saw a 200 dollar google tablet in a size I thought I would not mind carrying around.

I did not know I needed a 300 scotty cameroon til I saw it in the golf shop and bought it. (It turns out I didn't because I went back to my old putter.)

Its not just demand in a contracting economy... that is why we are in recession. that is the point of a recession... we are contracting from wasteful over production or distorted demand.

Innovative supply and new products in and services in profitable business is what will drive new jobs in the beginning of a good up leg.

#14     Oct 12, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

This is the problem with Keynesian thinking, they believe that if you create demand the already existing businesses will expand by a little bit (10%) to meet that extra demand.

In reality, no amount of demand can compete with innovation, how many hundreds of millions of jobs did the tech bubble create through innovation?

This didnt come from businesses simply seeking a desire to expand based on sales, it came through an entirely new line of thinking. None of the internet startups of the 90's would be able to get financing in this environment, so how can you possibly say that growth is demand driven when 90% of the time, new demand is based on new products that never existed before, that no one could have demanded in the first place.

Why is it that companies like Sprint are falling apart while companies like Apple thrive? There is more demand for phones than there has ever been, but there is far less demand for these shitty, non innovative companies like Sprint.

#15     Oct 12, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I spelled scotty cameron incorrectly. I swear to you I was looking at the putter as I typed it.

Its a golo center shaft. a new model. which is why I bought it. he has not has a center shaft in a while...
    but it is not as good as my seemore, for me.

#16     Oct 12, 2012