Mark Cuban breaks one of tradings golden rules

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jun 18, 2012.

1. OnClose

OnClose

If I were to add to a loser I'd consider that "pissing away" but that's just me. Your trading style may include adding to losing trades and that's your choice, every trader is unique and that's what makes the game so interesting.

#21     Jun 19, 2012
  2. 50/50

50/50

A trade position is not a loser till it's closed out, is it? "Warren Buffet inc" was built on adding to "losers".

#22     Jun 19, 2012

3. oh, brother

#23     Jun 19, 2012
  4. OnClose

OnClose

I don't even know where to begin. But seriously, If whatever style your trading works for you keep at it and I hope you make millions.

#24     Jun 19, 2012
  5. =============
    Yes ;
    but never in an overpriced IPO [so says mr market]

He may still make it work;
    wait until a market crash & buy more than he did @ first.But unless that is part of a well writen plan-ego trades seldom if ever work.

I like him myself, most IPOs are hi/overpriced;
    so nothing personal against Mr. Mark.:cool:

#25     Jun 19, 2012
  6. Retired

Retired

Mark Cuban looks like a total idiot now that FB is back at 32 today.

#26     Jun 19, 2012
  7. None of you guys criticizing Cuban have 1/10th of his intellect or 1/100th of his character.

The guy post his trade in public: you don't do that and you sure as hell wouldn't do it under your own name.

He spells out his thesis for making the trade at that time. The only thesis most of you have is at best a feeling based on some bullshit chart.

Then he goes on national t.v. and admits that he took a beating. You lowlife fuck sticks can't even admit that under an alias on ET.

And yet you STILL, somehow, in your little perverted and ignorant minds, think your better than him. Fucking bazaar.

And, btw he didn't lose $5 million. Apparently some of you are so stupid you can't even do basic math.

I will spit on you, and everyone like you driving their beat up Honda Civics, for 1 week at every intersection I stop at just because you don't deserve better.

#27     Jun 19, 2012
  8. ...+1....

#28     Jun 19, 2012
  9. i don't get it. His thesis was valid at $32, valid at $27 too. The only difference was he got long $5 too early. Also right now, his thesis is valid. How can he admit his trade went wrong, when the thesis his trade was based on was still valid? Unless he claimed to be wrong when stock price goes down. But his stoploss wasnt in his thesis.

#29     Jun 19, 2012
  10. He did piss it away because it was a dumb ass low probability trade.

Never try and catch a falling knife.

Facebook was falling hard. It hadn't put in a base. There was nothing to suggest it was a buy.

In other worlds and in his words. It was a gamble. But it was also a long shot. Not a sure thing.

#30     Jun 19, 2012