Mark Cook & Linda Bradford Raschke reads

Discussion in 'Trading' started by murray t turtle, Jul 30, 2005.

1. #11     Aug 8, 2005
  2. #12     Aug 9, 2005
  3. Ever since she was profiled in NEW MARKET WIZARDS I have seen her constantly advertised for expensive seminars all over the US, yet I have never seen any proof, as in documented returns on her account(s), that she is still an elite trader.

Does anyone have any evidence? Thanks.

#13     Aug 9, 2005
  4. Mark Cook's article was a online sample Active Trader issue at one time... Not any more. :(

#14     Aug 9, 2005
  5. fast

fast

Thanks gerry875, martys, and easyrider for posting links to articles. I am always looking for internet sites with education re technical analysis and didn't have these.

#15     Aug 9, 2005
  6. Atlantic

Atlantic

no - i can't offer any evidence. but i've been using her materials for many years now - just the free stuff (her educational charts, her articles and the above mentioned stuff from magazines, etc.). never paid for anything and have learned a lot.

#16     Aug 10, 2005
  7. ====================
    Good points and actually ;
    LBR group has some good stuff since Jack Schwager interview.

And to add to you point martys;
    not likely any one could get anywhere near as much out of a free library book as much as a gift or purchased copy.

Few have photo memories:cool:

#17     Aug 15, 2005

8. I've known Linda a long time. I would say she has improved steadily each year. That is probably why her seminars are "expensive". Personally I think the issue of expense is a matter of perspective (more about that later). She is one of the few traders whose seminars I would actually recommend.

I can tell you that she enjoys teaching. Also I observe that she is generous with her time. Finally, Unless things have changed greatly, her staff is pretty sharp too. You could do much worse.

On the other side of this, recently I have had the unfortunate experience to discover that an ET member is trying to scam newbies (and not so newbies) by repackaging and selling public domain trading information. Apparently the asking price for this "valuable" information is $6,000. Problem is you can get it free from one of the exchange libraries, or you could find it for sale from any of several vendors at around $200-$300. If you are approached by any ET member trying to peddle trading courses, DVD's or anything like that, I would suggest you maintain a healthy skepticism. You can always PM me if you are uncertain.

Good luck folks,

Steve

Edit:

By the way, for folks who have to have "evidence". Yes, on more than one occasion I have seen Linda trade. No I have never seen her personal or business accounts. But then in my view, her finances are none of my business. I realize that there is a great disparity of opinion on that subject. Frankly I couldn't care less.

#18     Aug 15, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

When I first started trading futures in February I joined Linda's chatroom for a month. It was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is a begginer.

I would have stayed longer but I found myself too busy chatting and having fun instead of concentrating at the task at hand. The other drawback was the monthly fee which was a little steep for my budget at the time.

Otherwise its a good enviorment and a lot of fun. Chris aka "BIG" has a very good eye and Linda is full of knowledge and stories.

Good Times.

ozzy

#19     Aug 15, 2005