mark brown said he found the holy grail.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trend2009, May 3, 2011.

1. make sense.

#51     May 4, 2011
  2. TD80

TD80

I don't really know Mark personally, I've just been lurking in the woods for a long time (in trading terms, an eternity really, very few people last more than two full cycles). I also picked up a lot of valuable insights from him that saved me research hours (thanks Mark).

Well I think if you knew the full history of Mark, you would understand why he is no longer sharing any research. He shared a few good systems publicly along with a lot of research findings (not complete systems) and a lot of his ideas and specifically his systems ended up with a SERIOUS following and were mined to death.

Frankly the guy could have probably traded some of these for his personal interests and would have had a 5 to 10 year run before having to change. Instead I believe he had a 2-3 year run of which the last year the performance attenuated.

He is a systematic trader/researcher, beyond that it doesn't really pay to get hung up on trend following vs. RTM, because it is all about what works rather than pre-conceived notions.

At any rate if Mark wanted to discuss this seriously, I'm sure he would, as I believe you will find him in this thread ;)

#52     May 4, 2011
  3. MarkOB

MarkOB

I completely agree. You don't get a website like that accidentally.

#53     May 4, 2011
  4. Eudaemon?? :eek: :). He has been an avid follower of the surf report, I am honored!

#54     May 4, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Mark Brown is the real deal. Pay him whatever he wants.

#55     May 4, 2011
  6. I'm not Mark and have never met him. Are you always wrong at everything?.:p

#56     May 4, 2011
  7. To go away?

Last I heard, he'd lost it all playing the horses.

[​IMG]

He had a 75 race winning streak, until it was all placed on the #5.

#57     May 4, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

I say if newbs want cake, let them eat cake

#58     May 4, 2011
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

{bla bla bla im in no mood to fight ...}

{Optimize# means a parameter number like 1385 etc.}

IF Time>= Sess1FirstBarTime and Close of Data2 >"Optimize#" then Buy This Bar else Sell Short This Bar;

{ah yes the data (two data streams needed) well speculate as well as position sizing there you have it.}

{m}

#59     May 4, 2011
  10. glad to see you here. still puzzled how come your system is just one page code. what is the performance of your holy-grail system in the last two years?

#60     May 4, 2011