Mark Brown and his Snowball Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tums, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

sorry avi hate,

but your own brother tums gave me this thread! or maybe it was you who is also tums - seems all you guys care about is not what i say but that i don't pay for saying it. how frickin funny.

****************** tums writes below the first post here

I don't know how long this thread will last before the moderator deletes it.

Mark is a vendor, but he is too cheap to become a sponsor of ET. Instead, he interfers with other people's threads to promote his products.

I am starting this thread for him, so that he can have a place to hang his hat. He does not have to hackle in other people's threads anymore.

All discussions about him, his tactics, and his strategies may be carried out here.

SO SEE YA > AVI HATER - GO AND CRAWL BACK UP JACKS CRACK.

This is my thread!

#61     Jan 17, 2008
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i have to run pretty soon, i guess you have ts? i will be back. mb

#62     Jan 17, 2008
  3. Avi 8

Avi 8

Ok you win, lets call a truce.

As an offer of peace, may I add a link to your website to mine?

www.baconstrips-skidsmarks-andotherbrownmarks.com

Sorry it is a fetish site.

#63     Jan 17, 2008
  4. spinoza

spinoza

Yes, lets run that Bond System on TS!

#64     Jan 17, 2008
  5. No ego for you, oh no! Your last comment (below) reveals your phoney, veiled delusions about the superioriity of your "beautiful mind" to mere computers and software... tell it to Garry Kasparov!

I'm always amused when "traders" dismiss backtesting. .. you must know a tremendous amount about the markets and how they work, certainly more than mere mortals like me and even Bill Eckhardt who said:

"I know of no way to validate conjectures concerning technical trading without back testing"

So where's your hedge fund?

#65     Jan 17, 2008
  6. I'm sorry if I am just better at trading than you are. I tried being civil with you and you do nothing but chastize me. Of the two of us, I am the only one who has posted six figure earnings on this board for 2 years. I did so because it forced me to be disciplined (everyday w/o fail), the same kind of discipline that is needed to trade successfully. Everything is a drill to be better, faster, more precise.

You wanna be lazy and test stuff you dont truly know about, go right ahead tough guy.

#66     Jan 17, 2008
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

steve i was respecting you until you went off the deep end with the above statements. look i worked the the greatest discretionary trader who will ever live a man named stan finney.

so i know a beautiful mind, i worked for a beautiful mind, i acknowledge that a beautiful mind exist.

but you and the bunch you run with just can't admit that a computer can beat you. do you know why i worked for a beautiful mind - because he knew a computer could one day beat him and he wanted that new edge.

testing stuff as you put it is far harder than looking at and arriving at some conclusion that a ten year old can also come to. ask any child what direction the price is going on a chart up or down and they will tell you the same thing your so proud you know.

i hate to say this but this is the truth, you have simple skills with computers and software it shows like jacks age. you want to belittle anything you can't accomplish yourself. your a sad little person, not to say you aren't making money. i will not say anything against your claims of making money. i just say your the idiot for not opening your mind and considering that you can do better than you are by using a computer to mechanize your thoughts into a system.

mb

#67     Jan 17, 2008
  8. Hi again Steve "no ego" TURDek, you obviously wouldn't know this, but real traders make money; they don't post unaudited fairy tales on the internet.

#68     Jan 17, 2008
  9. Haha, fairy tales. Thats a good one. Go right ahead and call my old firm, Hold Brothers, and ask them about me. I'll tell you what, I will provide audited results for you, and if I do, you give me a grand for my troubles. I mean, if you are going to call me out here as a liar, certainly proving you wrong warrants some compensation wouldnt you say.

You just say the word and we can set up this little arrangement. If I dont provide them, I will give you a grand. How does that sound?

#69     Jan 17, 2008
  10. Well said... some think that because they can't make backtesting work for them that it doesn't work... so they go the discretionary route and delude themselves about how superior their "beautiful minds" are to computers.

#70     Jan 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.