mark all threads read

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TonySanDiego, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Baron,

I have a problem with my threads getting marked as read when I haven't done any such thing.

It happens most frequently if I am reading a long thread or if I leave a post open for a few minutes.

They also get marked as read whenever I logoff, whether or not I have read all threads or not.

I will second the earlier suggestion that we be able to mark individual threads as read and not "all or none".

But... if it is "all or none", then leave them as unread until I mark them... not have them suddenly become all marked as read spontaneously.

Thanks,

2. Bsulli

Bsulli

The problem can be reliably reproduced, at least on my pc. Login click on the forums button. Enter any thread on the new post icon. Click the back button until your at the forums list again. Click the refresh button on the browser and presto they are all marked as read. I can get it to do it 6-7 times out of 10. Using IE 6.0 on XP. Use to not do that. I click the refresh button to see if any new posts have come in before I mark them all read as I'm logging out.

Bsulli

3. Baron,

Can you PLEASE fix the "mark all threads read" problem.

PLEASE..!

Every time I go to post a reply to a thread and go back to the forums... THEY ARE INVARIABLY MARKED "ALL READ".

Thank you,

4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This is no solution, but it's a lot faster to click "Forums" at the top or bottom of any page than to go through all the back button routine.

--Db