Marijuana top U.S. cash crop, bigger than corn and wheat combined

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Dec 19, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I used to watch the people that got blasted in their cars on the way to work. They would pull up to a stop 30 feet away, reevaluate the distance and pull up to 15 feet back, then maybe with one more iteration they would get it right. Then they might sit there spacing out for awhile..... I am not too sure they were safer drivers, they were a lot slower for sure. In an emergency though, you are going to want a Boy Scout at the scene not a stoner. Nasty public transportation accidents have been attributed to MJ, I knew a guy that was stoned and drove a bus right into a car that was stopped at a light.

I'll support the Boy Scouts and legalization if I can find a way to do that.....what political party is for legalization and does not want to destroy the Boy Scouts.... Libertarian!! Maybe a Constitutional party, if there was one.

#41     Dec 20, 2006
  2. All I know is one thing.
    I would be as rich as Gates if marijane becomes legal...maybe not that rich but rich either way.

My plan.

Open a smockey-smock shop near my college......hmmmm.......Union Sq. sounds like a perfect place..
    A lot of my hippie classmates would join the fun. Well fun for them anyway.

They wasted :p = Me getting there hard earned (parent donated/credit card borrowed) money. :)

All I can say is, IF YOU WANT ME to struck rich...legalize marijuana.....

PS.....there is no medical benefits to it. Yes, tax revenue would go up.

#42     Dec 20, 2006
  3. No medical benifits? I have to respectfully disagree. I suffered from crippling chronic pain for a number of years, and da weed was the only thing that helped take my mind off it.
    These medical bozos know perfectly well its a bs argument, that it isnt ACTUALLY a painkiller, per se, but thats reaaaly missing the point in those circumstances.

#43     Dec 20, 2006
  4. okay...so having numerous drinks at dinner and then driving puts no one at risk ?? u sound like u could use a few hits...:)

#44     Dec 20, 2006
  5. Agreed tell that to some on chemo........it calms their stomachs down enough to eat at times as opposed to throwing up left and right. Glacumoa patients use it too. This really has to do with a much more bigger problem. The puritan mentality, the religious whack jobs that run this country, and the US being for big biz run by big biz.

Ok off my soabox. You guy to any other Western country, Canada, Germany, pick one and pot is decriminalized or legalized. I don't know that is the way to go with Coke or Heroin, but let's start with MJ and go from there.

#45     Dec 20, 2006
  6. You have never done it, so you have no experience to back it up.

You drive better because you are more cautious (mainly due to paranoia) but also drive slower in a calm way. Driving slower is SAFER, period. Ever hear of the speed limit? You also are less aggressive, that is a plus on today's roads.

Obviously if you are too stoned, you should not be driving. Some people are morons anyway, but most when that high would not want to drive. Not the same with alcohol, people that are drunk get many stupid ideas and feelings, also much more prone to drive when it is blatantly obvious one should not.

#46     Dec 20, 2006
  7. LOL yeah and you will have the only smoke lounge in Union Square. Like in Amsterdam, I hear it's really just one shop and that guy is so rich he owns half of Netherlands real estate.

#47     Dec 20, 2006
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Quote from rateesquad:

PS.....there is no medical benefits to it. Yes, tax revenue would go up.

The active component in the prescription drug "Marinol" is identical to the active component in marijuana, viz., tetrahydrocanabinol. Anorexia and nausea are two approved indications. I believe refractive asthma was once an accepted indication but is now deleted (apparently THC is a bronchodilator).

The following is a quote from the 15th Edition of the USP DI page 1185:
    "In an open-label study in patients with AIDS who received [THC] for up to 5 months, no abuse, diversion, or systemic change in personality or social functioning was observed, even in those patients with a hustory of drug abuse."

The new Sanofi-Aventis appetite suppressant, which is approved in Europe and currently under review at the US FDA , apparently functions by blocking cannabinoid receptors in the brain, or by binding to the receptor's messenger molecule. This has the potential to be a real blockbuster is the US and is the main reason i am currently interested in Sanofi-Aventis stock. It would seem likely that study of the mechanism by which marijuana stimulates appetite led to synthesis of this new class of appetite suppressants. They reportedly have very few side effects, if any. Sanofi is also seeking approval for the same drug as an aid to smoking sessation. As nicotine decreases appetite, it may be that the new Sanofi drug shares some molecular structural elements with the nicotene molecule.

#49     Dec 21, 2006
  9. Jaime

Jaime

#50     Dec 21, 2006