Marijuana top U.S. cash crop, bigger than corn and wheat combined

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Dec 19, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

hypervigilant. free market...constitutional rights etc, . should not apply when you put somebody else's life at risk.

you must know alot of professionals who are idiots if they hit the bowel before driving.

#31     Dec 20, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

3. JayS

JayS

Yields are so high that traffickers can now produce as much marijuana on a plot the size of a football field as they used to harvest in 10 to 12 acres. That makes for smaller, harder-to-detect fields, though some discovered Tuesday had sophisticated irrigation systems with sprinklers, pumps and thousands of yards of tubing.

#33     Dec 20, 2006
  4. Bootsie

Bootsie

Legalize it !!

:D

#34     Dec 20, 2006
  5. Well, this is going straight to my chrismas list...

Is not even a left/right argument. You have several right winged economists and reporters supporting an end to prohibition.

Milton Friedman said it 30 years ago... prohibition in inmoral, inefficient and inconstitutional.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8056316969143175615&q="war+on+drugs"

Penn and Teller made quiet an interesting case about it... (watch the guy at the end of the show... he smokes 3 joints every morning [courtesy of the federal gob] before heading to his office where he trades stock... aint that special?)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3653114296815352489&q="war+on+drugs"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#35     Dec 20, 2006
  6. The biggest benefactor would be the government, I actually think that the whole economy & financial system would see a big push since with the strongly increased revenues, the US gov will have a much stronger debt service capacity, which would remove a lot of the doubts of the US dollar.

Farming, not so really, since hemp is already a very strong plant (a weed actually). No real need for pesticides and commercial farming techniques, on a whole, companies like Monsanto lose.
    Trust me, there is no real money in making marijuana legal, except tax revenue. Unless the big corps see a way to INCREASE profits from the current situation, it just won't happen.

The only real way I see a decriminilization of drugs is if the healthcare conglomerate decides to privatize all rehab centers & other treatment facilities. Most recreational drugs would be decriminalized, slapped on with a tax and then the addicts would be treated in centers owned by the big corporations who would get government money per addict treated.

#36     Dec 20, 2006
  7. You must be an easily brainwashed sheep if you think marijuana negatively effects driving ability.

While there are exceptions to the case, in general it improves driving ability by making you more calm & more cautious. People tend to drive slower when high.

#37     Dec 20, 2006
  8. You only think your driving better because your high. Driver slower doesn't make you a safer driver.

Why don't you quit getting loaded for a few months and see how much better off you are. You are so use to getting high you don't realize how much worst off you are for doing it.

What's the point in trading if you have to get wasted in order to handle the stress?

John

#38     Dec 20, 2006
  9. never had probs driving after a couple of joints...drove even better, but i am one of a kind junkie where a bottle of rohys dont do squat to me. true that in general people cant drive that well under the effect of dope and certainly it aint recommended.

#39     Dec 20, 2006
  10. I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree that smoking pot makes you a better drive. C'mon think about it, before you makes ridiculous statements like that. Driving refreshed after a good night sleep with your focus on driving is the best way to drive period. Sure I knew many friends in the past the did it, and didn't get in to an accident, but that doesn't mean it will improve your driving ability.

#40     Dec 20, 2006