Marijuana top U.S. cash crop, bigger than corn and wheat combined

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Dec 19, 2006.

1. F'n establishment.

#21     Dec 19, 2006
  2. I agree with you mostly. It would not be worthless but schwag (spelling?) would be a fraction of what it is today. Exotic strains would continue to command a premium. Let's be realistic though, it's a weed. It can be grown anywhere in the world easier than cotton or tobacco certainly.

Alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana. It has a fairly low lethal dose. No one has ever died immediately from smoking pot.

Big pharma and the lobby machine have a lock on hard drugs. Purdue Pharma and all the the others market opiates and codeine which are in essence synthetic heroin and cocaine. I was given Oxycodon for a short time for medical reasons and used it legally. I can see how people can become hooked. If there is a next time it will be weed and booze.

#22     Dec 19, 2006
  3. Having a background originally in social work it really pisses me off when rapists and child sex offenders get out of jail/prison before drug dealers on mandatory minimums because of prison over crowding. The war on drugs has been a failure just like the war in Iraq. Don't get me started.

Sometimes the priorities of this country make wonder? You can't smoke weed, but get a prescription for Vicodin and no problem friend. Rush Limbaugh respected citizen busted with how many f-ing pills, my god. In closing prohibition on alcohol sure didn't work and it doesn't work on marijuana either. Ok now I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent! :D

#23     Dec 19, 2006
  4. kind of a spectacular headline, but when u think about it, when is the last time you bought a slice of bread, an eigth, in a dark allie for $50?

#24     Dec 19, 2006
  5. If wheat was illegalized and a company patented synthetic wheat then you would pay $50 for that slice of bread.

#25     Dec 19, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Paper industry. It is cheaper to make paper from hemp than from wood.

The Constitution is written on hempmade paper....

#26     Dec 20, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

on the flip side other industries would flourish ( hemp made products, farming etc. ) and the government would stand to benefit from taxing it....

#27     Dec 20, 2006
  8. Furthermore...alot of adults I know are scared to have a glass of wine or two out at dinner with friends due to the hypervigilant DUI task force here. Hence,lots of professionals I know hitting the bowl now for a hit or two. And bring on those cheetos(or freetos and french onion dip)..:)

#28     Dec 20, 2006
  9. You know whats funny about this thread? Any other thread on ET you would have point makers, bashers, trolls, analysts, pikers and big swingers all in some form of disagreement.

As an eclectic a group as we have here everyone agrees that legalization is the right move.....yet it isn't legal.

Hydroblunt made the point I was trying to in the chitchat version of this topic. Big biz and state or federal politicians all want to keep themselves fat and happy with grants and contracts instead of letting the truth ring loud.

#29     Dec 20, 2006
  10. I use to not want it legalized but I am tired of spending the money on enforcing it.

I think they should leave it up to the individual states.

John

#30     Dec 20, 2006