Marijuana isn't harmless!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, May 10, 2010.

1. Well I think calling the cops is better than going over there with a gun and shooting them don't you think? :confused: :eek:

I didn't proclaim myself "Mr. Masculine and athletic"... I said that I was athletic and that I don't want marijuana smoke around me. Maybe I should have said that I prefer "clean living" instead. Athletic can mean many things. It doesn't have to mean "tough guy powerlifter". You can also consider a long distance runner to be athletic.

As for telling my neighbors what to do, I have some bad news for you; we have these things that are called laws! :eek: Try not to break any of them dumbass!

#51     May 13, 2010
  2. Really, only legalizing it will end police raids...?

I have a better idea, why don't you stop smoking it??? That should put an end to police raids too. It shouldn't be too hard to quit pot, after all it's not as if any of you are addicted to it right? Hey, according to pothead BS you should be able to quit at any time! So quit smoking pot!

#53     May 13, 2010
  3. What is the fine amount in NY if you are caught with less than an ounce?

Has it been decriminalized in NYC only or the entire state?

#54     May 13, 2010
  4. aegis

aegis

They simply need to raise the education requirements to become a police officer. Federal agents typically need four-year degrees. So, why not officers at local departments?

#55     May 13, 2010
  5. No thanks. I dont plan on quitting ever(fringe benefits of the self employed). My neighbors and I all puff together. Its truly social. You should give it a try just once to see what the fuss is about.

#56     May 13, 2010
  6. State wide.

You gotta be really hardcore or really stupid to get sent to prison for it nowadays. Like cultivation en masse or driving and smoking or always being in the wrong place at the wrong time possessing. No cop/judge here cares if you are in your garage or living room smoking a joint.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4554

#57     May 13, 2010
  7. From the video TrueRange post, they say all this happen because of "anonymous tip". So they go crazy with the SWAT team for "anonymous tip?

#58     May 13, 2010
  8. Actually that’s what the problem is. People like you guys creating clouds of this stuff. Don’t assume that I don’t know about pot. Back in High school and later in university all my friends smoked it. Oh I know all about pot believe me. At one party one of my buddies went nuts. I mean truly nuts. The pot triggered an acute case of schizophrenia in him and he went ballistic. I mean he took his clothes off and started running around yelling… etc… We thought about calling for help but well you know some “cleaning” needed to be done before we could do that. Let me tell you that was some scary sh*t for a while. Eventually, we got an ambulance and the police to come. You probably won’t believe me when I tell you that I’ve never actually smoked the stuff myself but I haven’t. Nevertheless, seeing that particular episode scared me straight in a big way. I even stopped hanging out with my pothead friends. Pot isn’t harmless, not by a long shot. It damages your short term memory, leads to psychosis, paranoia and schizophrenia. There are also other obvious side effects like damage to your lungs, liver and reproductive organs. Yeah… Pot affects both male and female reproductive organs. Think about that for a second. THC isn’t a miracle clean drug. The cannabis plant produces it as a toxin to ward off predators. The biggest negative effect on the brain is memory loss… You know… Smoking pot leads to “Uhhh … I forget!”… Prolonged use will damage the hippocampus and the amygdala… Here is an article on tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

#59     May 13, 2010
  9. Clouds of the stuff...lol. I wish.

I have never been healthier, wealthier and more sane in my life. In fact I may be your banker, broker, carpenter, plumber or barber..and you would never know it.

But I can appreciate your personal tale. We wont change the other guy today. Good luck to you.

From your wiki link - "Conceivable long-term ill effects of THC on humans are disputed,"

#60     May 13, 2010