Marijuana is the next big crop

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bat1, Jun 3, 2013.

1. TGregg

TGregg

It's not just who's going to be involved, it's also about who will be successful. Tobaccco companies already have the infrastructure and the knowledge that gives them a big edge on large scale marijuana production and distribution.

OTOH, who knows what the feds will decide. Maybe they'll still be mad at Big Tobacco and prohibit them from the weed industry `cuz of how they handled tobacco.

#21     Jun 6, 2013
  2. Anyway, there should be a question asked what the whole marijuana legalization will mean to the economy.

Some believe that it may improve the present economic situation. Many hope that it will give them a new jobs, new starts and boost the economy.
    You can read more about it in this article.

#22     Jun 7, 2013
  3. Gyles

Gyles

That’s an interesting thought that tobacco companies might be involved in this. I had assumed that the marijuana industry would start from scratch in the US if (and that’s a big if) it becomes legal. With cigarette sales on the decline, it would give them a new and growing market so it may be something that they will want to look into.

#23     Jun 10, 2013
  4. Tobacco companies could be possible players on marijuana market but not the main. It might be difficult for them, as Tobacco industry in overall is not perceived well by the community. They cause harm to people' health and the environment. So if they want to sell both harmful cigarettes and healing marijuana at the same time, they have to do something to change the perception of people. I don't believe that ill people would go to their medicines from the same place where most of them started.
    I think the greater chances have medical related businesses, because the intent of marijuana legalization is for medical purposes.

#24     Jun 12, 2013
  5. tobacco companies have infrastructure to cash in this crop

#25     Dec 30, 2016
  6. Handle123

Handle123

People will get even more obese from Twinkle eating.

#26     Dec 30, 2016
  7. so you're recommending TWNK ?

#27     Dec 30, 2016
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Cramer actually did a segment a month or so ago on Scotts Miracle Grow selling DIY kits and how they would boost revenue. I think its all BS.
    Attorney General Sessions is gonna nip this stuff in the bud. No pun intended.

#28     Dec 30, 2016
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt