Marijuana is the next big crop

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bat1, Jun 3, 2013.

1. contra

contra

Everything is bad and becomes a problem when abused. It is a drug after all, but I'm not endorsing the use or trying to say it's not harmful, but thinking about how it would play out if legalized and why it wouldn't be better to grow your own if it happens.

It has its uses I think.

#11     Jun 3, 2013
  2. Most people can grow their own peas, carrots, onions, peppers, ect. but how many actually do instead of just buy it from the store. The convenience of going to the store not having to spend the time it takes to grow it is where the value is (time is the most valuable commodity IMO)

So the Medbox machine that dispenses marijuana.....Who do I talk to to get a piece of the action? :D :cool:

#12     Jun 4, 2013
  3. bat1

bat1

How can you compare marijuana to cigarettes?

That's like saying an apple is a orange..

numb and dumb? in Amsterdam Pot has been legal for years and teens have gone to college smoking pot and graduated to become
    doctors and lawyers....same in the states I'm sure many here in the U.S. have passed the bar exam smoking pot ... like anything else don't abuse it!

#13     Jun 4, 2013
  4. i take it that you never bought high quality weed if you are going to compare prices to carrots and peas. if you are telling me the price of weed is going to come down a lot that's a different story. there are nuts that makes there own soda at home to save a few cents. are you telling most people won't grow there own weed to save 75%? that can add up me a savings $400 to $500 easy a month for one person.

#14     Jun 4, 2013

5. 1/8th once is pretty much equivalent in utility to a bottle of jack denials. If there was ever a good party going on for the weekend in school I would pay 50-60 bucks for an 1/8th of pot and a bottle of jack for around 22-25 bucks.

If pot becomes legal on the federal level the rush of supply in the market would likely pull prices down to at least 25 bucks for an 8th.

Yeah I can make my own bottle of booze too but I'll go to the store instead.

I think the same will apply for pot if it is legal on federal level.

Growing it would be fun also so I'd probably put a seed or two in my garden as well. :D

I have a couple apple trees but out of season I still go to the store to buy apples.

#15     Jun 4, 2013
  6. do you guys think MO, PM, LO etc. will be players if its legalized or would that be like thinking of buying ford if you think EV will be huge instead of just buying Tesla?

Basically will big tabacco be leaders in MJ if its legalized or will there be all new players?

#16     Jun 4, 2013
  7. Big tobacco has been planning since the 70's for the day pot becomes legal , so it's a tough call. They will dominate for sure.

That medbox , sounds like it would be the "redbox" for marijuana which would be big.

This is all contingent on it becoming legal federally . Too much grey area where the feds can shut em down at this point. Big money will come in when it is legal with the feds.

I use to buy cheap pipes from india for about 2 bucks a piece and sell em for 20 bucks. I owned a website called pipemagic.com but sold it once I made a good nut because I didn't want my doors busted down and be in prison with bubba over some grey area laws that a judge would misinterpret. It is just glass! "tobacco pipes" :D

#17     Jun 4, 2013
  8. Gyles

Gyles

I’d like to re-ask what the OP asked: what stocks would be good, if marijuana becomes legalized? I know it’s a bit of a gamble, but if it is legalized it would be pretty big so if there are any stocks that would (or could in the future) cater to this market, they might be worth exploring. Chances are right now they’d be comparatively cheap given that the market is still relatively small.

#18     Jun 5, 2013
  9. There's a list of stocks related to marijuana in this thread but I don't know how serious any of them are.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=268536

#19     Jun 6, 2013
  10. I would say that investing in pharmaceutical / medical companies.
    The companies like Medical Marijuana or Cannabis Science constitute the most justified business that anyone could invest in.
    For instance Medical Marijuana stock is assessed between $0.02 and $0.50 for a 52-week long period and its value its around $184 million.

Another companies to be considered are businesses involved in the marijuana market. The company Pflizer, developer of a synthetic form of the drug some time ago.

It is also suggested that tabacco companies would be involved as well.

#20     Jun 6, 2013