Maria Bartiromo, how did she get the special info from BSB?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Johnny Walker, May 1, 2006.

1. here is what she said, verbatim:

Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke told me over the weekend that the media and the markets basically got it wrong last week in speculating that the Fed is done raising interest rates. I asked Chairman Bernanke whether the markets got it right after his congressional testimony. He said flatly, 'No.' Bernanke also told me it is worrisome to him that anyone would think of him as dovish, that that feeling did permeate last week.
    He said that he and his Federal Open Market Committee members were trying to basically create some flexibility for the Federal Reserve, saying the Fed may pause, but the data will really dictate whether more rate hikes will occur at future meetings. Chairman Bernanke made the comments to me during the annual White House Correspondents' dinner Saturday night. He used Europe as an example. He said look, Europe moves either up or down, takes pauses and then moves again."

#51     May 1, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

She's so pretty when facing forward.

That profile though... I don't know. I don't know. :D

#52     May 1, 2006
  3. It makes me sick to think about all the other ppl she told before reporting this information, and like some have said before if she didnt know what kind of impact that would have on the market so is as dumb as BB, god i hate the both of them. stupid bitch!!!!

#53     May 1, 2006
  4. I think everyones misunderstanding B.S. Ber-donkey AGAINNN!!!

You guys ever hang with high-falluting ivy league econ profs...

Theyre always whining... oh journalists never get the point... stupid grad students.... retarded MBAs blah blah we are all so smart and everyone else is so stupid and doesn't know sh...t

LOL

whatever B.S. B-donkey said, it's just cocktail party "im so impossibly smart no one else understands me" bragging.

#54     May 1, 2006
  5. He Americans, you are really all IDIOTS.

#55     May 1, 2006
  6. Learn how to write properly retard if you are going to insult us in our American made forum.

#56     May 1, 2006
  7. duard

duard

Correct your typo please. It should read shortdong.

#57     May 1, 2006
  8. Ia wi a veruken, O.K.?

#58     May 1, 2006
  9. Ebo

Ebo

Dongless:

Then don't trade our markets!

#59     May 1, 2006
  10. Bernanke is simply a fool for talking about this subject with a TV reporter. Never in a million years would you have seen Alan Greenspan do this (and yes I do remember his irrational exuberance statement). Greenspan was very careful/ambiguous with his comments so much so that he put me to sleep on more than one occasion. He would never talk to reporters about the economy.

What is with Bernanke leaking this to Maria Butt-aroma of all people? He should have just come on Mad Money and tossed some chairs around with Cramer. I'd have more respect for him if he did.

And while we're on the topic of hot CNBC anchors, does anyone remember Amanda Grove from approx 98-00? She covered the New York and London Markets. Hubba Hubba

#60     May 1, 2006