Maria Bartiromo, how did she get the special info from BSB?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Johnny Walker, May 1, 2006.

1. I think its ridiculous that the most powerful man in the financial world is getting drunk and blabbing his fat mouth to CNBC's biggest anchor at dinner parties. Was he trying to get into her panties by impressing her with how powerful he is, totally unprofessional. BSB should not be allowed to talk to anyone in the financial media ever again, I am seriously beginning to doubt his judgement. Might be time to pick us some gold bullion with this idiot running our economy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...AF-B0E1-4AD8-A7B6-7FCCF7369A7C}&siteid=google
    Stocks turn lower on report Bernanke feels 'misunderstood'

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks turned lower Monday after a CNBC anchor said Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke had told her that the markets had misunderstood his congressional testimony, interpreting him as more dovish than he was on interest rates. Noted CNBC news anchor Maria Bartiromo announced on the air that she had a private conversation with Bernanke at a Washington dinner on Saturday and Bernanke told her that the media misunderstood his remarks. In testimony to Congress on Thursday, Bernanke said: "there is ... the possibility that if there is sufficient uncertainty, that we may chose to pause, simply to gain more information to learn better what the true risks are and how the economy is actually evolving." Bartiromo said that Bernanke told her that he was trying to create flexibility for the central bank and data would determine rate moves The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($INDU : Dow Jones Industrial Average

2. who knows what other sweet nothings he whispered into her ear.... that shes saving to blab on another day.

3. I was thinking the same thing, what a circus this administration and our federal government.

4. duard

duard

You're kidding right?!? He should be getting into her panties wouldn't you?
    Give me a friggin' break.

5. Have you considered the slightly less exciting possibility that this is simply Bernanke's "controlled leak", fully intended to see to it that the correct interpretation gets out, loud and clear?

6. lwlee

lwlee

Erin Burnett can have all my secrets. :)

7. BSAM

BSAM

Good point. After all, the current "gang" does tend to operate this way.

8. I was thinking the same thing.. maybe it was his plan

9. No doubt she leaked the information to her hedge fund hubby, who pounded the market 5 points prior to the news breaking.

10. I doubt it because this makes BSB look like a fool for giving such important info to a TV reporter in a private conversation. If he wants to get the word out he usaully has his minions go out and make speeches. Who knows who Maria told this info before she announced it. She does not have any rules barring her from telling people this before announcing it. She basiclly could have made anyone a millionare in one day if they used this information properly.

#10     May 1, 2006