margin call question

Discussion in 'Forex' started by will_jay, May 25, 2005.

1. The real knowledge was in my first sentence:
    "If you use stops and don't let losses run up, you will never know (or need to know) what margin calls are."

If you want to become a carpenter they have to tell you how to hit the nail and not your thumbs. They don't have to tell you what will happen in hospital if you hit your thumbs, the knowledge is in the prevention of the accidents.

#11     May 26, 2005
  2. TerryL

TerryL

Do you claim that forex trading has similarities to carpentry where you draw your parables from ? Is this the Bible ? Come on mate, lets get serious here.

#12     May 26, 2005
  3. This is at least 1000 times more important and valuable than knowing what exactly a margin call is:

"If you use stops and don't let losses run up, you will never know (or need to know) what margin calls are."

There are indeed similarities between forex and carpentry: if you are not well prepared you will be hit ( physically in carpentry and financially in forex).

#13     May 26, 2005
  4. TerryL

TerryL

There are indeed similarities between forex and carpentry: if you are not well prepared you will be hit ( physically in carpentry and financially in forex).

Please give us some more of your "wisdom".

#14     May 26, 2005
  5. I will give you a last piece of my "wisdom":
    when people start making cynical remarks to me the conversation is over.

If knowing what margin calls are , is more important than what i said about stops, than i have a pretty clear idea about your abilities as a trader.

#15     May 26, 2005