"Margin Call" opens on this Friday

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

"You're selling something that you know has no value."

"There are three ways to make a living in this business. Be first, be smater or cheat."

The trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DqFRsPrns&ob=av3e

"The film, in which Quinto also stars, boasts an all-star cast including Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons, Stanley Tucci and Demi Moore among many others. It takes place in an investment bank over a 24-hour period at the start of the 2008 financial crisis. Quinto spoke to Reuters about the film,"

Q: You play a young analyst who discovers some serious information that causes major panic at the company. How did you decide which role you'd play?

A: "It was never a question because every other character was at least 10 years older. But I felt really drawn to the role, as well. Obviously the social relevance of the film drew me in, but there is something about the perspective and the compelling way in which the story is laid out. It invites the audience to have their own opinions. It generates dialogue."

Q: And you're also producing for the first time. Was it tough wearing both hats at once?

A: "I had to work hard (as a producer) to get the movie together before I could start focusing on my role. But once I did that, I immersed myself in my relationship with the character and it became about my work as an actor. My producing responsibilities waned a bit by that point, and I relied heavily on my producing partners on the day-to-day stuff."