Margin Call movie - 4 stars - available on YouTube

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GordonTheGekko, Oct 21, 2011.

1. actually if you follow the link, the director said the movie is not based on lehman but a crisis of similar scale to the one lehman faced. Lehman's fucktard managements went doubling down all the way towards the end of 2007(which is the time period this movie took place), instead of trying to liquidate as the movie portrayed. I think the fictional bank in the movie is loosely based off goldman than lehman...condensed all into 1 day.

Again it's pretty clear this movie took place at very early stages of the crisis in 2007 and with an obvious conclusion that this fictional bank would survive the crisis by being first. By the time lehman started selling the ship has long sailed, there was no way in hell they got 0.9 on $1 even for a day. Also lehman front office was at 745 7th ave not 3wfc. It was a great building until the day its giant video wall turned into gay blue...

I know a lot of people on the street enjoyed this movie too, it's always fun to remember some of the drama (however inaccurate the technical is). Atticus is just being a hardass :p

#71     Oct 26, 2011
  2. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Yeah I know, based on what he said and what was implied in the movie, it was a twisted version. Setting aside a few stupid moments and twisting some story to create the untitled IB, its refreshing to see a show without the usual Hollywood skadaz (not that I don't like that sort of thing..:p)

#72     Oct 26, 2011
  3. Lol, you know if they would shave his whole body he would have to buy a lower size of clothing.

#73     Oct 27, 2011
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Relax pal. Take your own advice and you lighten up. Its only a movie. As I noted in my previous post, "There is no harm done for those that enjoyed the film so much and want to believe it was realistic (or choose to ignore that it was all so unrealistic)."

Calm down too as I don't waste my time making false accusations. Stupidity is self-evident and doesn't need my help to point to it; specifically in the article you refer to, Chandor, the films Director, makes it quite clear that the bank in the movie is not based on Lehman, saying "It's not Lehman and this bank in the movie is still in business."
    :)

#74     Oct 27, 2011