Margin Call - huh

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mysharona2, Sep 29, 2008.

1. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Gy-Cq75BWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Gy-Cq75BWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. Sorry to laugh at your expense dude, but you are not the first to say this!

#12     Sep 29, 2008

3. A) you're a troll

B) you're screwed

Pick only one.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. I believed the fed would not let us fall.

No stops.

Just a plain margin account. No futures.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. I feel your pain as most traders have been where your at at one time or another.

There is no bargining, as a matter of risk if you where to ask me to not sell out for an extra day would make me want to sell you out sooner not later. You make it very clear that you dont have anything behind your money that is already in the market increasing the risk of your broker.

Why would you want him to not sell you out if it doesnt go up tomorrow?? WHY, because your now in the mental place called "hope" your hoping that it moves in your direction. It doesnt actually matter if it does or does not. Because if isnt this time it will be another time that kills your account.

You need to know your EXIT before your entry. Both exits, your stop loss and what you will do during a gain.

stop trading for a while and read some books and figure out what your doing before you put money at risk. If you cant put in huge amounts of time and effort to learn the market before then you should go to vegas. At least in vegas they will give you free drinks and food.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. If you have a direct line to God, it might help.

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. Come on folks. This guy is in a jam and he has shown his respect for us by coming here asking for advice.

OP:
    I'll be happy to pitch in, but you are going to have to provide a little more information first.

If you don't want to provide the below requested information, that's understandable, but at the same time understand without it we can't be of much help. If you want to pm me the info that's fine too.

What positions did you take on at what level (price) with regard to:
    1) How many?
    2) What contract or security?
    3) What side? (long or short)
    4) What was your entry point?
    What was your account balance before you took on these positions?

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. No pity from me.

1) You are playing a game and you don't know the rules. No excuse.

2)The market has proven you wrong and you refuse to lose. No excuse. You deserve to lose it all for no other reason than for hope-based trading.

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  9. Guys, i'm signing off for now. I am so depressed. I dont even want to look at my computer screen anymore.

To think a few days ago i was up big time.

Maybe the fed will cut rates tonight, or maybe a big company will announce good earnings. I don't know.

#19     Sep 29, 2008
  10. The markets will continue to dive until congress passes the bailout law.

#20     Sep 29, 2008