Marex Trading Floor London

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by propwarrior, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hi

Anyone trading from their trading floor? How many traders are there now and what is the atmosphere like?

I understand the monthly desk fee is £1350 presumably there is 20% VAT on top lol

Pricey enough but possibly the most professional trading floor in London with decent clearing and services.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

That stock photo you see of theirs is 10 years old. It's a ghost town now.

3. wintergasp

wintergasp

Marex has become the largest institutional broker on options for cocoa sugar and coffee. Their pseudo-retail trading floor is of the past. Rent a desk at a serviced office in Mayfair and the odds are you'll find some start-up hedge funders.

4. It's been one hell of a clear out at prop firms last 10 years. I had a tour of their old office a few years ago, probably 100 ish traders then.

5. It definitely wasn't a pseudo-retail trading floor a couple of years ago. There were definitely a lot of heavy hitters in rates & energy futures. Serviced offices in the City or West End are pricing around £700pm depending on the specification.

6. just21

just21

7. Anyone actually trading from there now?

8. just21

just21

www.Futexlive.com were offering desk space recently for a lot less than marex. £500 a month I think, bring your own clearing.

9. thanks for the heads up on that. TBH a firm offering trading courses doesn't sit well with me.

#10     Mar 3, 2017