Marcin: Paraphrasing:"Too Many Stupid Hedgies and Traders" in the marketplace

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Jul 28, 2005.

1. I don't know the guy but such a complaint (unless massively out of context) makes him sound like a complete knob. I mean...what next... does he want the markets to behave in a way that keeps him happy? Maybe he'll want people to simply wire funds into his account. "Excuse me Sir, reality control..."

#11     Jul 29, 2005
  2. since you ask here is what Robert Marcin said

Robert Marcin
    Random Acts of So-Called Investing!
    7/28/2005 10:57 AM EDT

I am starting to get ticked off at the moronic, herd-like mentality of the investment (read: hedge fund) community. Why, you ask? Well, on Ryland's (RYL:NYSE) poor, 5% order growth, all homebuilders went down 1%. And today, on Pulte's (PHM:NYSE) 26% order growth, the whole sector is up 1%. Is this the result of lazy, rookie hedgies treating vastly different company fundamentals as a simple, sector concept trade? Methinks so.

It's time to differentiate between companies, within industries, within sectors. It's time to bid up Pulte on its great results and not pay for Ryland's tepid ones. It's time to reward Conoco's (COP:NYSE) valuation for its huge 10% surprise and penalize Exxon's (XOM:NYSE) mediocre results. It's time to pay for the great numbers out of the insurance stocks -- like my favorite, St. Paul (STA:NYSE) -- while ditching the banks. The story is not just "the homebuilders" or "the financials" or "the oils." It's time to start thinking and not just committing "random acts of so-called investing."

#12     Jul 29, 2005
  3. We call these blithering idiots "Timmys" after the disabled kid in South Park, who can only say his own name and that's about it (no dis-respect intended to real disabled people - it's just a cartoon)

I like them. They're stupid people, and you can see some real Timmy clips splashing around, but if you want to sell 500 at a good level, it does help if there are idiots out there to fill you ....

.... long may they continue

#13     Aug 3, 2005
  4. Well put Mr..ahem...SoreAss :D

(except the first bit - I wouldn't touch such jokes with a 20 foot pole - not PC and not right).

#14     Aug 3, 2005
  5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Is that true V? I never knew that...is there a site where you can check track records.

#15     Aug 3, 2005
  6. sowwy

:(

#16     Aug 3, 2005
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

what does this guy know anyway? hes a journalist, not a trader. all those morons on realmoney know jack shit. i figured that one out within 6 months of starting to trade.

does anyone really make decisions based on what realmoney or thestreet.com has to say? get real.

fyi: these 'hedgies' as he calls them wouldnt increase vol - they would reduce it. some others have pointed this out as well. he may get wound up by 'newbies and hedgies', but i get wound up by journalists talking out their butt hole.

and to think people may money for that!

#17     Aug 3, 2005