March Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Hitman

Hitman

I have a tendency to perform at my highest level when my heart is filled with a lot of pain that I must unleash. Today was no exception as I won my 10th game in a row. 9500 shares each way on 9 of 14 shooting, +1321 before commissions, +1162 after, no bullets.

There is still a slight pause between wrapping up Don's open strategy and switching to other strategies that I must eliminate, and eventually I need to be able to start positions with other strategies WHILE I am in my open orders. Right now I still get too excited when the position manager pops up with open fills, and I tend to miss other set-ups.

Treated my entire team to pizza today as at 11AM for the first time ever, every single trader (ten include myself) was up net. Unfortunately it didn't stay that way, but still, overall a very solid day, and at $45 for 1 pepperoni, 1 mushroom, 1 plain, it was more than worth it that I did a little bit something to cheer the guys up and build some team chemistry.

What really bothered me was that as soon as the pies were delivers, traders not part of my team jumped in and got their shares as they thought it was company lunch, I was about to say something, but I immediately remembered that I did the exactly same thing just a year ago, when I was a newbie and took advantage of situations like this myself :)

Afterall, the loss I endured this month could not be quantified with anything else in life. But I will be strong, I will be faithful, I still believe.

Pre-Market: Lower oil price.

9:30: Filled six longs that gapped down and market ripped, literally the flawless type of open scenario you can hope for. Didn't manage it very well as I took 50 cents from AXP, 31 cents from PG, 30 cents from HD, 11 cents from DD, but lost 10 cents from TGT, 17 cents from LOW. I was up $788 from this strategy immediately. Yes, it was literally the flawless fills with flawless futures action after the fills, but it felt good.

9:45: Really bad execution as I could not get into home builders in time. Missed a few fills just got A, LAB, DNA, CC for the big 10AM move after consumer confidence numbers came out.

10:15: LM was very weak and I lost 15 cents on what I thought could be a follow through on brokers. Made 15 cents in APD but left 50 cents on the table. There was definitely a lack of aggression on my part to keep pressing after the kind of open I had. I tried BEC for a follow through rally based on daily's and lost 15 cents.

2:00: Did not make another trade rest of the way, as market tanked and I did not want to use any bullets, and as much as I was up, I knew I still miss her . . .

A very big thanks to Don Bright for the open order concept, while I have added quite a bit of my own variations to it, without his basic concept I wouldn't have came this far, this month.

Two traders on my team will start this strategy tommorrow, STOCKKBROKER actually tried it today with $250 profit trading 500 share positions.

My next project: figure out spread/pair trading :)

Team Stats:

10 of 10 active traders
    78000 shares each way on 33 of 67 shooting (49.2%)
    +4224 before commissions (8 of 10 positive)
    +2450 after commissions (8 of 10 positive)

Top 3 Symbols: NET, MXT, AXP
    Bottom 3 Symbols: APA, LLY, LOW

#281     Mar 26, 2002
  2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

see, you don't need the princess.
    in worlco's shoes, I'd even prevent you to ever see her again, it seems to work..

just kidding.. I know you are hurt, but you deserve better imo.

#282     Mar 26, 2002
  3. limbo

limbo

Although I wish no ill upon him Hitman continues in his whack ways. I would truly hate to be in his shoes--a sad child enjoying nothing-- full of angst.. I guess there's a few others now apparently recognizing this. Dont you people see there is nothing you can say or do that will get to him. He enjoys the pain

#283     Mar 26, 2002
  4. ziss iss cleerly a case of codependtsee.

ze printsess iss of zee type who needs undivited attenshun frum her male companion. ziss is why she iss zo attrakted to lozers. she sees heetman's sukksess as a trayder as competition for her. perhaps eef he becomes a looser again, her affektion vil return.

heetman also cleerly hass a deeply embedded problim vit hiss sukksess az a trayyder. he iss sufferink from feelinks of guilt becaus he makes zo much more money zan his father. Zo, to kompensayte for zees feelinks of surpassink his father, he punishes heemself by zeeking punishment und humeeleeayshun from maneepulative weemen.

no zolushun iss nezessary bekoss dey are bote getting vat dey vant. de printsess hass ze devotion of heetman and anudder looser altso, and heetman feels his emasculation of hees father iss kantseled owt by hiss self sabotage viss women. de printsess helps heem to pay for hees sins. Zo dey are bote disfunktionally kontent.

auf viedersehn,

D.H.F.

(darkhorse freud, distant cousin of Sigmund Freud)

#284     Mar 26, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Hehehehehe

nitro

#285     Mar 26, 2002
  6. Can you tell me if I came into worldco with a 35k deposit - and was on a 95% payout - and lets just say made 20k after commissions - how much would my actual payout be that month - is it 20,000 times 95% or is some money held back.

and I realize Worldco does mostly NYSE - but what are the costs for trading Nasdaq stocks and is the firm trying to improve their rates for nasdaq ? finally, can you basket trade at worldco ?

thanks

#286     Mar 26, 2002
  7. Hitman

Hitman

***is it 20,000 times 95%***

Yes.

***but what are the costs for trading Nasdaq stocks and is the firm trying to improve their rates for nasdaq?***

Actually, our Nasdaq rate/software is quite competitive, it is just not the best on the street as that is not our specialty, you will have very few around you that trades Nasdaq, and since we self-clear for NYSE but not so for Nasdaq, we can't give something like half a cent a share for Nasdaq.

***finally, can you basket trade at worldco?***

Yes

#287     Mar 26, 2002
  8. cloug

cloug

I couldn't have zed it better myself. I go back years of having followed Hitman in his seeking his dream to become a trader. His early stock picking screens at MSN boards portold his obcessive desire to become rich and thus make himself worthy of the Princess. Only thing is that having read all the previous journals at MSN, this seems like watching an old movie..... again. He's been down this same road before..... buying all the expensive gifts and dinners....telling how much he loves her and how the first million he makes will be hers....only to be told by her that she only wants to be 'friends' with Hitman, and still she keeps going out with the more exciting losers while keeping hitman waiting on the sidelines, looking to use him as the sub when things are slow in her life. She gave Hitman her cell phone (which he bought her) bills from calling her boyfriends, even dumps the Hitman when on a date with him, and goes off with her boyfriend when he happens along, leaving the Hitman standing alone in the rain - and she still accepts all the presents - talk about nerve!

Even the advice from posters is the same as before - 'dump her, she's using you', 'you deserve better, etc. 'Don't call her and stay away from her'. Actually this was tried in the past where Hitman would only talk to her once a week. This did bring her crawling back, which is when she went from the Princess to the ' Sister' and back to the Princess. She missed all the attention, presents and free diners. Just a few outings with the Hitman, and she had him back in her web along with the other dudes. Now was the time to smack him down again, cause he was getting too attached again. Seems to me there's gotta be some ulterior motive (other than love) that keeps Hitman coming back for more. The handwriting is all over the wall. She's just playing him like a fiddle.

#288     Mar 26, 2002
  9. sounds like princess is the female equivalent of nose candy.

hitman, ever consider writing a letter to Daryl Strawberry?

#289     Mar 27, 2002
  10. Yannis

Yannis

Hitman,

Although my respect for you as a folk writer of sorts grows daily, I have started wondering whether what's happening (as you experience it and describe it) between you and your lady is just a metaphor or psychological substitute of what's happening between you and the market or between you and Worldco?

Deep down?

If that's true, attaining success for you would necessitate your becoming emotionally independent and self sustaining. If and when that happens, this lady, the market and Worldco will all come back in a hurry, the way you want them. Just a thought :)

#290     Mar 27, 2002