March Madness Anyone?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dvshucks, Mar 12, 2006.

1. I really don't like anyone from out West this year.

UCLA is getting alot of band wagoners, but I think the PAC-10 was awful so they might not be battle tested enough. Maybe a run to the Elite 8, but that should be all.

The Zags just fall a little short against the top teams from the power conferences.

Arizona and Cal wouldn't even have made the tourney this year if they played in the Big East or Big 10.

I'm doing my brackets tomorrow, so I'll be more prepared to talk shop.

#11     Mar 13, 2006
  2. My final 4:

ucla
    syracuse
    uconn
    zona

zona to win it all!

#12     Mar 14, 2006
  3. only one #1 seed? That'd be a great final four.

#13     Mar 14, 2006
  4. Minneapolis is this year's "Group of Death" IMHO. Man it was tough filling that one out.

#14     Mar 14, 2006
  5. Well it goes without saying that I'll be in...and I'm all for my boys winning....U.....OF......A!!!!!

BTW, I was in Chicago....at Allstate Arena in the Zona section with the rest of my homeboys (and girls) so this time of year of very sensitive for me. I wept as I left the arena...I can't go into detail right now about the experience because it is quite emotional for me...but I will say this: I look forward to Dee Brown and the rest of the idiot illini (mostly the fans/bandwagoneers) going home crying.

#15     Mar 15, 2006
  6. Well my thinking is that Syracuse is hot, UCLA played great the whole year was always below the radar, Zona well I always pick them to win (thats y i never win these pools).

#16     Mar 15, 2006
  7. Ya that was a shame last year, but watching them now is just a residual from attending school there. How awesome was it paying 50 something dollars for season tickets at Mckael for seats in the first 20 rows. Going to school in shorts and tshirt while your friends at northern schools were putting on layers...going out with $20, getting trashed, buying drinks for friends, and coming home with $10. Not to mention how hot the girls are there (I know you're a woman, but still you have to agree). OkOk, back to reality...

#17     Mar 15, 2006
  8. I was pretty upset about that game last year, I had Zona going making the final four--would have won $500 if they'd won that game like they should have.

#18     Mar 15, 2006
  9. Final 4: Texas, UConn, Pittsburgh, Villanova.
    UConn beats Texas in the final 79-72.

Sweet 16 sleepers: Iona, Bucknell, Marquette, Seton Hall, UW-Milwaukee, W. Virginia.

Really liked Boston College and Ohio St to make a run, but the seeding didn't pan out. The B.C/Villanova sweet 16 game (if it happens) should be awesome. Two old Big East rivals...should be an Elite 8 game, but B.C. got shafted with a 4 seed.

P.S.--Tennessee as a 2 seed is a digrace. As was leaving Cincy out of the tourney (Big East was by far the strongest conference in the country....they deserved 9 teams). Also, Hofstra beat George Mason twice in the final week of the season...they should have gotten the bid instead.

#19     Mar 15, 2006
  10. UNC will win it all...

#20     Mar 15, 2006