March job numbers now as high as 400,000+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Lethn

Lethn

Because they're over-taxing the economy and printing money to cover the costs, it isn't really functioning though, it has more or less been on life support for the past few decades.

#21     Mar 30, 2010
  2. #22     Mar 30, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

A risk free investment "Forever stamps"

"The only way to use forever stamps to turn a profit would be if the pace of increases in postal rates is higher than inflation. The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act is supposed to be reassessed in 2016, so you could make an investment hoping the inflation controls are waived. But that is likely to be a poor bet. Even without official prices controls, postal rate increases have been lower than inflation since the 1970s."

No one figured on lower revenue...Stamp prices need to go much higher. May double in five years...No risk of loss...backed by the US govt.......high liquidity....probably tax free....best invesment in town....

#23     Mar 30, 2010
  4. TGregg

TGregg

What? Haven't you heard? Big government bureaucracy makes things cheaper not more expensive, that's why we can cover everybody with health insurance yet bring costs down. Price supports (minimum wage) cause shortages. Increasing demand (government handouts) creates surpluses and lowers price. Borrowing every stinkin' nickel you can get from the future to blow today is the sure path to prosperity. Raising taxes to redistribute money to the poor is a boon to our economy, not a boondoggle.

Gentlemen, we are going to tax and spend ourselves right into an economic paradise, just like every other country that tried it.

#24     Mar 30, 2010
  5. Arnie

Arnie

I read somewhere that attrition is 100k jobs a month, so we need at least 100k new jobs a month just to tread water.

I pay less attention to the numbers and more to the market's reaction. But it would not surprise me to see these numbers improve. People are exhausting their benefits and will have to find jobs, no matter what they pay.

#25     Mar 30, 2010
  6. I heard 150,000 to tread water. And I don't think it is called "attrition", but increase in general population (people reaching working age), plus immigration, etc.

#26     Mar 30, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

yea approximately 125,000-150,000.

#27     Mar 30, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Futures flat ahead of the number.

#28     Apr 2, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Let the rallllllly resume, bulls take it away!!!!

Buy buy buy buy.

162,000 increase.

9.7%

Jan and feb 40k+ revisions

48k census workers, not that high.

Futures positive.

#29     Apr 2, 2010
  10. cnbc is bullish even though the number was way low. we are in all news is good news mode.

#30     Apr 2, 2010