Marc Faber, Dollar Will Eventually Go to Value of Zero, Oct 26, 2009

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Oct 27, 2009.

1. That's the camp I am in. All the political uncertainty is not helping to build confidence with "change you can believe in" getting more negative with each passing day. Let us hope he learns how to be a President before leaving office.

#61     Oct 29, 2009
  2. I'm of the opposite view. I think the more he screws up, the more chance there is of REAL change as this country takes the two party system and throws it in the crapper where it belongs. We're seeing it now with the GOP splintering into an ultra conservative side and a more realistic view of the world side. How long before the independents of the world go "You both suck!" and start to vote their own?

#62     Oct 29, 2009
  3. I wouldnt draw conclusions on the aftermath of such a crash based on these countries' economic strength today but rather at the mindset of the average Joe and in that case obviously those places with the highest standard of living and lowest crime rates would feel the effects the hardest.

You have travelled around the world extensively I believe so you must be well aware of the phenomenom of one person fearing hardship as it would change his live completely and an other person who has been living the equivalent of an economic depression all his live yet they only live 20 miles apart from each other.

#63     Oct 29, 2009
  4. You misunderstand us Doomers. We don't give a FUCK what goes on in the rest of the world (post c ollapse), or who gets screwed the least. We care about our situation, and what we can do to prevent or prepare.

You miss the whole point.

I have no opinion on this, but it does seem valid on many levels:

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/23259

#64     Oct 29, 2009
  5. Anyway, I agree the US would be one of the least hit during such a scenario.

In fact I advocated those in charge to let it crash a long time ago as the US still has the economic and geopolitical power to come out on top after such a crash.

Unfortunatly, as these powers have come under pressure, the pendulum swings more and more in the direction of a US that has a lot to lose should the system would come crashing down which puts them between a rock and a hard place.

Chinese water torture VS choping of a leg because it has gangreen.

:)

#65     Oct 29, 2009
  6. I disagree. The higher the level of complexity a society has, the greater it falls when there is a credit or resource collapse.

How far does a farming village on a Mediterranean Island fall during a great depression? I'll tell you - it barely notices.

How far does a city like Detroit fall just in the beginning stages of a great depression?

Think it thru.

Economic and societal complexity is great during boom times. Not so much during bust times.

#66     Oct 29, 2009
  7. I'm drawing conclusions based on a hypothetical happening that is so illusionary that we're forced to discuss it on ET of all places. Accuracy is optional.

I have traveled and lived all over the world, but I'm not sure what your second point was.

#67     Oct 29, 2009
  8. YOU might feel this way, but that is not the case with many "doomers" as you call them. Regardless, MOST of the doomers, don't realize that the collapse they are hoping for (so that their gold goes to a million or whatever) will result in a substantially poorer lifestyle for themselves, with or without gold. Furthermore, many of these people operate on the hilariously off-track assumption that the US will collapse and the rest of the world will go on humming a cheery tune. Many of these folks are haters of America and manifest these feelings on hope of economic collapse while they sip their Coca Cola watching Baywatch with their Nike sneaks up on their ottoman.

THAT is my point (which you might have missed).

#68     Oct 29, 2009
  9. Agree. Let the whole thing come down for cleansing now rather than "death by a thousand cuts".

#69     Oct 29, 2009
  10. I would assume no one hopes for a collapse. Especially if they are diabetics or rely on any type of monthly medication.

But yeah, it looks like I misunderstood your post.

#70     Oct 29, 2009