Marc Faber, Dollar Will Eventually Go to Value of Zero, Oct 26, 2009

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Do it again- Go big or go home- and thank me in two weeks. Current spot price: $1146.60. Official RM prediction.

#111     Dec 7, 2009
  2. I`m long GLD from 111.90. My algos firing buys across all my frames since pre mkt. Not that it means anything to you. But i`m in agreement. Looking at 119.18 target. 106.47 i`m stopped.

#112     Dec 7, 2009
  3. Fractal

Fractal

Right about here looks interesting, depending on the first 30 minutes to an hour on 12/11

#113     Dec 10, 2009
  4. moo

moo

RM, still bullish on gold? Also bearish on the dollar?
    And by implication, bullish on equities?

I am thinking this correction is something bigger. The anti-dollar trade is over now. And gold was heavily bought by people wanting to be short the dollar. So it might take a while before gold bottoms.

Now 1117, the Feb future.

#114     Dec 14, 2009
  5. I don't like gold here... I LOVE it... just bought more.

Absolute worst case scenario is that it goes sideways for the rest of the month.

#115     Dec 14, 2009
  6. risky63

risky63

getting close to a technical bounce in gold ,crude, eur/usd,
    soon. might coincide with funnyclaus rally.

#116     Dec 14, 2009
  7. If gold hits $1000, I will double my physical holdings.

#117     Dec 14, 2009
  8. Well then....where the hell is the volatility!???

#118     Dec 14, 2009
  9. moo

moo

Ok. That must also mean the dollar to stop strengthening right here.

What's your risk/reward? Since gold has been down $30+, you must be looking for a move back to the highs, at least?

Not worried about this chart? Record-high spec longs, even after the worst crash (Dec 8).

http://snalaska.net/cot/current/charts/GC.png

#119     Dec 15, 2009
  10. The spec long positions don't really worry me, as the same thing was going on <i>before</i> the big breakout two months ago. Think 1999 tech stocks- Everyone's bullish, yet the orgasm spike top in gold is still about to occur. The top in this decade-long bull market may be near in <i>time</i> (probably within 18 months tops), but not in <i>price</i>.

The only thing that worries me about the gold chart right now is that we might move sideways for a few weeks, and I'll look stupid on my "thank me in two weeks" call when I should have said two months.

As for risk/reward, you know I'm a play it by ear/gut feel/INTP kind of of trader. My options are always open. That's not an evasion- I just don't yet know how and where I'll be scaling out of this one.

#120     Dec 15, 2009