Marc Cuban on Day Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sethaholic, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Wasn't Marc on this site a few months ago looking for natty gas futures specifics? Maybe he tried his hand there and took a beating.

#41     Aug 30, 2007
  2. harkm

harkm

State your affiliation. I am sure your team did much better. The Mavs were the worst team in the league before Cuban showed up. He is the best owner the Mavs have had by far.

#42     Aug 30, 2007
  3. #43     Aug 30, 2007
  4. Marc Cuban is a brilliant mind, who may or may not have made impulsive and incorrect comments on daytrading.

Obviously, I'd be much worse off working a corporate job for 1/20th the money I make trading.

#44     Aug 30, 2007
  5. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

brokers make there money daytrading.

daytrading for retail players didn't exist or possible prior to 1998.

it's not a job or business. it's 'game'

I;m not her to provide liquidity or give a fuck about the market...all we are doing is participating in the market.

for a guy like cuban $1000/day profit is peanuts so he doesn't bother with daytrade but the guy trades stocks big time in the hundred millions annually.

i know these guys make big trades like 1 million for the entire year.

if you are a millionaire yuou wouldn't need to daytrade you;ll hire traders to daytrade for your (hedge funds)

#45     Aug 30, 2007
  6. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

if you have $10,000 to start and end up with $100,000 that isn't 1000% return that 90,000 is your salary.

Cuban thinks you are trying to beat the market by trading you are trying to earn your wage for your labor 'trading' these financial instruments.

investors or hedge fund managers who have long positions only can't beat the market. majority funds are long so it's impossible to beat the market if you size of portfolio is 1 billion dollars.

#46     Aug 30, 2007
  7. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

if you arn't making any money trading these stocks,you are volunterring and working for free in the market

if you are losing money ,you are donating money to your brokers and market makers.

#47     Aug 30, 2007
  8. jumper

jumper

daytrading's been around for years prior to 1998.

#48     Aug 30, 2007
  9. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

mark cuban trades stocks but doesn't bother daytrading cause the profits are too small for him

#49     Aug 30, 2007
  10. could you state anything more obvious? EVERYONE knows this, doesnt mean Cuban knows what he's talking about in terms of the viability of daytrading

#50     Aug 30, 2007