Marc Cuban on Day Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sethaholic, Aug 30, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

I'm not aware of any law that forces the rich to disclose their income - unless they own more than 5% in a publicly traded company.

#21     Aug 30, 2007
  2. #22     Aug 30, 2007
  3. Daal

Daal

all it takes for mark to change his mind is to leonard peikoff to come out saying that ayn rand thought daytrading was a moral profession and one people should look up to, he would change his 'opinion' pretty quickly

#23     Aug 30, 2007
  4. I would love to know why a software guy/bartender would pretend to know anything about trading..:confused:

I can't stand Cuban based on what I see and hear in the media..
    Complete fag that talks too much.

#24     Aug 30, 2007
  5. timvodas

timvodas

Steve Tvardek and company is a bunch of idiots. Obviously Steve only started trading in 2003-2004. Since 2003, the market has been in up up up mode and daytrading has been a snap. Buy on the dips! Steve acts like the resident expert, in reality, it was bulls (not brains) that got him here.

Now what happens when the market goes into bear mode? Well, Steve and crew will learn the same lesson that many did in the year 2000. Daytrading is a suckers game and you can lose all of your capital.

Pat yourself on the back now. The fact is that you were able to daytrade successfully in a bull market now lets see what a bear market will do to you.

Marc Cuban has been trading the markets since the early 90s. If you took some time to read his biography, he is no stranger to the stock market. He knew when to cash out in 2000 and sold his broadcast.com without looking back. You guys are amateurs, rookies, compared to this man.

#25     Aug 30, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You can say that again. Money CAN buy you many forms of happyness, and certainly take the worry out of day to day living, if your healthy, but once your health goes its touch and go.

#26     Aug 30, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

No stranger indeed, and it would seem to me that he has been losing money because (I'm not going to bother to double check here, so...) he is worth either BARELY more than when he sold Broadcast to Yahoo or slightly less, one of these is true, either indicates a lousey rate of return...and if you read the guys blog he's always in this stock and that.....expensive habit if you cant lick it.

#27     Aug 30, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

For all the hot chicks... :D :D :D

#28     Aug 30, 2007
  9. Bro, I dont hold overnights and I dont ride out long term "trends". I trade intraday up and down, no bias no care which way we go. You obviously do not understand the world of daytrading in its purest form. You think I held positions into a bull market and bought dips??? You've got to be kidding me, my trades last anywhere from secs to 15 minutes at longest.

You dont know how I trade so please do not pretend like you do.

Oh, and as you surely know, as the mkts decline, the volitility picks up providing many more opportunities in the daytrading arena.

#29     Aug 30, 2007
  10. reg

reg

#30     Aug 30, 2007