Many Still Believe the Trump Myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jan 20, 2019.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

A series of University of Maryland surveys find that large swaths of the American public believe the myth of Donald Trump being a self-made billionaire.

“Across three surveys of eligible votersfrom 2016 to 2018, we found that as many as half of all Americans do not know that he was born into a very wealthy family. And while Americans are divided along party lines in their assessment of Trump’s performance as president, misperceptions regarding his financial background are found among Democrats and Republicans.”

“The narrative of Trump as self-made is simply false. Throughout his life, the president has downplayed the role his father, real estate developer Fred Trump, played in his success, claiming it was ‘limited to a small loan of $1 million.’ That isn’t true, of course.”

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

3. Wheren’t you the one who about a year ago said Trump was an idiot, etc because he lost all of the money he got from his dad and then some? At one point, a Bowery sterno bum was worth at least a billion dollars more than Trump because of Trump’s negative net worth at one time.

It is an impressive performance to take a negative 1 billion net worth into multiple billions. You do know Trump is currently a multi-billionaire, right? You do know Trump beat the much favored Hillary Clinton in a US Presidential election where he is STILL the President. Trump’s wife was a former model that is considered hot by many.

Sounds reasonable that Trump might considered a little more successful than some. How do your life achievements compare to Trump’s?

Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. ExGroper’s latest achievements-
    1) able to pick his nose with either hand
    2) finally made it through a night without wetting his bed

All things considered, a banner year for him.

LacesOut likes this.
  5. Here is my read / guess on exGOPer’s life success:

1) Financial - Based on one of his posts several months ago, he seemed to know the pay rates for efficient and knowlegeable political hacks. If I recall correctly, it was $150,000 per year. Therefore, I will give exGOPer credit for better than average financial performance, but not quite the level of Trump.

2) Leadership - I have a sense there may be occasional, slight deference towards exGOPer by our resident Leftists. exGOPer may be a supervisor of a small group of activists, news reporters, or dedicated political support group of some sort. Lets give exGOPer credit for better than average perfomance in this category. Still a bit short of leader of the free world status who obtained “tens of millions votes of confidence”.

3) Biological Success - Trump, with his several children from different women who are generally considered by many to be highly attractive has to be considered quite biologically successful. In addition, at least most of his children appear to be good citizens and are, or at least seem to be, on a path of success. There are some indications that exGOPer is gay. His response towards anti-gay comments seems more swift and decisive than other subjects. There is at least one post that accused exGOPer of being gay, but exGOPer did not deny it. exGOPer being more biologically successful than Trump? Maybe not so much.

Therefore, I conclude Trump is > than exGOPer. With this reality, whatever exGOPer accuses Trump of, he only demeans himself.

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

your hero:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/trump-tweet-shutdown-1116078
    Trump tweets 40 times on Day 30 of shutdown
    President Donald Trump rung in Day 30 of the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, as well as the two-year anniversary of his tenure in the Oval Office, with a mammoth 40 posts to his Twitter feed over the course of Sunday.

7. Oh... my... gawd. How could he? 40 posts to his Twitter feed not in a year, a month, a week, but a day? What a criminal. I bet that Nefarious Neanderthal did 40 tweets in less than the 24 hours in a day. His tweet rate may have exceeded an average of two per hour, a felony if I ever saw one.

Clearly grounds for impeachment from both sides of the isle, should Trump not be a gentleman and resign immediately over this scandal.

Seriously, If the media reliably did their job, avoided showing bias or narratives, told the whole story, and not attempt to supress important information, Trump would not have to do their job for them.

It is interesting to note the media did not go into detail on two events a few months ago that would have undermined Trump’s credibility. Is there a rule against reporting real news, even if it hurts Trump? Only fake or old news stories are allowed to be used to undermine Trump?

If my suspicions above reflect reality, it implies either you and most of the other Leftists on this forum could hardly be accused of overthinking things, or that you people are like fishermen who fish without bait, preferring the sport aspect by using a lure instead.

Edit: Try again.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Your hero is a fake, a loser with no life. Face it