many religious meat eaters don't care about killing animals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weeble, Aug 18, 2003.

1. stu

stu

Better be sure to choose the flesh you have been called to eat so as not to offend a "God's grace".

Be sure it doesn't chew cud, or have hooves formed in a particular way, or is fish colored in a particular way, or is a thing that is piggy, or that this flesh you like to eat does not belong to certain animals that burrow like bunnies with long ears.

'Cause that according to a "God's grace" would be 'unclean' food.

But if your name is Peter it's ok, you can, its not unclean.

And according to a "God's Grace" it is is also that no food is unclean.

Seems clear enough...for those that have been called to eat flesh, quite probably crystal.

#11     Aug 19, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

"humanely punching a spike through a cow's neck?"

I have gone to several pig farms for my yearly pig roast and I wish this is the way they would slaughter them.....I have to admit it is one ugly sight....only one farm that Ive been to does it with a spike........peace

#12     Aug 19, 2003
  3. yes quite right stu, everything is completely cut and dried to us flesh eaters, as i'm sure all is crystalline for you as well... after all, the bigger questions are not as important as the smaller ones, no? it all depends on one's agenda i suppose... to build a structure one starts with a foundation; tearing down is another cup of tea...

#13     Aug 19, 2003
  4. omcate

omcate

#14     Aug 19, 2003

5. HELL NO
    Well, it’s pretty clear that you’ve been ‘sent’ as a lobbyist from the Dark Side. Look now, I can totally Smash-to-Smithereens whatever argument you can make to justify the meat-consumption habits of the industrialized world and the consequences that has resulted.
    So which argument would you like me to smash-to-smithereens - the spiritual, moral, scientific, or the nutritional?

Spiritual. The animals you eat cannot even be considered animals in any natural sense. There bred and grown as industrial products to be massed produced and mass-consumed. So every time a pig or cow gets thrown in an over-populated cage, fed manure, fed meat from its own brethren (cannibalism), is routinely given overdoses of anti-biotics and other side-effect prone drugs, undergoes puberty in 1/3rd the natural time, and is put in an environment so crowded that half the time its nose is stuck up its neighbors ass – which has no place to shit but up his neighbors nose.
    Know, Dark One, that you are a Free-Willing Participant in this machistic torture. Now would Jesus approve of this – HELL NO. You can be a real American and eat this kind of meat, but you can’t be a real Christian and eat this kind of meat.
    Now I can proceed to destroy the other moral, scientific, or nutritional arguments as well – but for now I think your argument has been given a good enough thrashing and has been left beautifully discombobulated.

Now if you wit me and Jesus and Buddha, can I get a HELL YEAH!!! May the force be with you.

#15     Aug 19, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

A person using drugs should be held accountable for Joe Drug dealer Killing Pedro Drug Dealer in some remote mountain in Guatemala over a turf dispute....argue that it may not be right to eat flesh don't argue what some Redneck does to get it to the stores....peace

If that were the case you would not be using lots of products...which you may or may not be using right now....Think of all the products that leave chemical waste for our rivers....

#16     Aug 19, 2003
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

better to think about how you're going to try and explain to G-d why you used such product in full knowledge they were destroying his creation.

#17     Aug 19, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

unfortunatetly this is our society.... OVERCONSUMPTION at the cost of our enviroment....keeps our economy growing....I agree with you damir, I guess we should be walking to work....I am one to blame.....

#18     Aug 19, 2003
  9. Wow, I actually agree with you. It’s much better to just be honest/responsible/aware and admit that you’re consumption habits fuels drug kingpins, animal torture chambers, and other machistic enterprises than to be totally in denial.
    It’s better to do wrong and accept and acknowledge it than to just ignore the subject, be in denial or try to blame someone else.

#19     Aug 19, 2003

10. I agree.
    Yeah, expectations determines results. We expect a smorgasbord of widgets to dumfound our senses…and that’s what we get. Change economic values/expectations and you get a change in economic output – rock solid education and healthcare would make a better substitute to silly widgets.

#20     Aug 19, 2003