Many preachers dont believe what they are telling the sheeple in the pews.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 21, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yeah there is a lot that going around. Why just recently I heard that few if any politicians believe the BS they repeat over and again to their sheeple constituents.

2. It is a tempting career choice, though, isn't it? Make your money off of sheeple donations, and spend your time lieing to people constantly.

Don't forget the tax advantages that come with this career.

The similarities between the church and politics are stunning.

3. jem

jem

this is not a revelation to anyone who has spent a few hours studying the bible and heard more than one preacher.

that is first questions many people attending a church wonder... does this guy up their preaching really believe?

An introspective person has to ask themselves what they really believe and what about that belief makes it important.

For Christians... it would have to be is Jesus God?
    next perhaps is - what is the bible?

Is it the literal word of God?
    Is it the inspired word of God?
    Is it a collection of stories?
    Are there any actual quotes from Jesus?
    Was Paul really inspired by God or should we just be reading the Gospels?

Being an informed Christian takes work and time.
    Having faith can be like a paradox for reasonably logical people.
    When your struggle with that paradox you may begin to see the work of God.

4. An introspective person has to ask themselves what they really believe and what about that belief makes it important.

For Christians... it would have to be is Jesus God? no
    next perhaps is - what is the bible? the ranting of superstitious men.

Is it the literal word of God? no
    Is it the inspired word of God? no
    Is it a collection of stories? yes
    Are there any actual quotes from Jesus? no
    Was Paul really inspired by God or should we just be reading the Gospels? paul never had any contact with jesus.

with all of the evidence is showing you,why do you still believe? no courage to follow your conclusions?

5. LEGALIZED CON GAME. THE POPE AND HIS FUCKING HAT COME TO MIND AND THE INGLORIOUS GLUTTON FALWELL UGH!

6. Why are they granted tax exempt status again?

7. This is one of the reasons I am against religion. I pay taxes, why don't they?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think they, churches, should pay taxes as well. AND I don't think charitable contributions of any kind should be tax deductible.

9. jem

jem

My question to you is - what makes you think life is all random useless bullshit?

That seems like a really odd conclusion given what science has been realizing lately?

#10     May 21, 2010