Many Key Liberal's Don't Back Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

I don't want millions of Jews, Mexican Catholics, Polish Catholics or Haitian Voodooists emigrating here either....

I also never said that my support of Israel was diminished by Islam's lack of aggressiveness toward other "decadent" cultures. However it is worth pointing out that Islam has not engaged in a global "cultural war" against everyone in the West.

However I'll state this unequivocally, If Jesus Christ who I accept as the Son of God, were not King of the Jews, and if Scripture did not designate Jews as Chosen, I wouldn't give a FUCK about Israel's problems. No more than I care about problems in Iraq, Chad, Sudan and Somalia.

#41     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Taking issue with a policy is not the same as taking issue with a "people" or group.

spect8or nearly always frames the discussion in terms of race, ethnicity, value of a people, etc.

#42     Jul 27, 2006
  3. Do you as a model American Christian want to tell us that your Lord and Savior really wouldn't give a fuck about the problems in "Israel, Iraq, Chad, Sudan and Somalia."

You are the type of person that give good Christians a bad name...

#43     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

I live in a secular nation. It's not the duty of my government and military to eradicate the world's problems.

You may notice that each "problem" nation I mentioned is being marred by sectarian violence as performed by Islamic fundamentalists. Do you suggest the U.S. engage in a crusade that rids Africa of Islam? Sure sounds like it.......

#44     Jul 27, 2006
  5. No, it is not the duty of the government, but my read is that it is the duty of good Christians to give a fuck about all of their fellow man...

#45     Jul 27, 2006
  6. In the context of democratically elected Representatives, policy is a people or group.

#46     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Policy represents the decision of the majority at a particular time, not the intrinsic value, worth or nature of the people.

Policy is like fashion, it is malleable.

I would hate to think GW's policy genuinely reflects on the goodness of Americans...

#47     Jul 27, 2006
  8. Easy, tigger. I'm not saying they're puppets. But they do share the mindset of fanaticism that the Arabs have - and they need to show that. In my opinion, it's the right mentality to possess when fighting enemies of that nature. The US is unable to fight Islam extremists because it is unwilling to take the attitude necessary, and it is too caught up with the political correctness of the world. You cannot be politically correct with a madman. You cannot be diplomatic with a man strapped with explosives bent on killing himself AND you. You cannot negotiate with terrorists.

No, my friend, I applaud Israel and I think it's great that they can do what we cannot, and for that reason alone I support them in their fight. You owe me an apology for that nasty message! One I am unlikely to get, I'm sure.

Lastly, I would re-state that it is not Islam we are at war with. It's radical extreme Islam - a sect that is NOT part of mainstream Islam. Islam still is a religion of peace. People stating otherwise do not know shit about it.

#48     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's..........

#49     Jul 27, 2006
  10. Non sequitur.

#50     Jul 27, 2006