Many Key Liberal's Don't Back Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jul 22, 2006.

1. The analogy isn't convincing; personally, I'd do it myself, if it bothered me enough. I can't really see how I'd be so much better off getting a 5th grader to do the job.

But I get your point. The thing is, I find it dubious. For the millionth time, I despise Islam and want nothing of it in my country, but I don't think Muslims are the murderous fanatics, hell-bent on the destruction of the west that Zionists make them out to be. I think the contention that the US is hated because of support for Israel to be far better supported by the evidence.

#31     Jul 27, 2006
  2. My point was that my opinion is bolstered by, in fact, stands on, the facts. It's not simply mindless 'antisemitism'.

#32     Jul 27, 2006
  3. And terror attacks in Moscow, Beslan, Bali, Mumbai etc are a figment of our imagination, most likely invented by Zionists who control the world media.

#33     Jul 27, 2006
  4. I am sure that's what you think but given that you have not provided those facts you can't expect anyone to take your word for it and what you've said will therefore remain just that - your personal opinion.

On top of that a couple of 'facts' you did provide were dead wrong - Jews were 33% (not 20%) of the population of Palestine in 1947 as I already said, there are 300 million arabs (not 150 millions) in the world, Israel was created by the UN, not by the UK. I am afraid your fact gathering abilities leave a lot to be desired.

#34     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Spectator (Dan), IMO Ivanovich (who's a bright guy) makes the true point. Plus if Israel fails, do you really want to see the U.S. absorbing several million Jewish immigrants? I don't.

I'm stuck between your view of Islamic expansionism and doodoo's. Clearly Islam is on the bloody march in nations thousands of miles from Palestine for reasons that have nothing to do with Israel. Yet at the same time, why are the "decadent" cultures of Northern Europe not singled out for attack like the militaristic allies of Israel?

As a Christian all I can hope for is that one day the Prince of Peace is reborn in Israel and the Godless Jews accept Jesus Christ as their savior.:D

I would like to add that Jews who've lived in Israel and Orthodox Jews in general are a BIG cut above their "reformed" brethren who are those "travelers" you allude to.

#35     Jul 27, 2006
  6. Have you been taking lessons from ZZzz or something?

A personal opinion remains a personal opinion even if I listed thirty pages of facts. What has that to do with anything? Clearly my intention wasn't to enter a debate on those facts, rather to stave off knee-jerk accusations of antisemitism, which, as you well know, are designed to stifle precisely such debates.

The '20%' was just a figure off the top of my head, that I felt was close to the real number. I now stand corrected. It barely alters the thrust of my point, however, that Jews were a distinct minority.

300 million Arabs (damn, those people breed), simply bolsters the point I was making. Arabs should be a more important considerationt than Zionists.

Saying the UN 'created' Israel is simply Zionist moonshine designed to give a credibility to the Zionist state that even Zionists themselves recognize it lacks. The UN gave its impramatur, sure, but that is far different from 'creating' it. The British were far more instrumental in setting up the Jewish state. It's difficult to imagine it being possible for Zionism to succeed without British aid.

#36     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Without an Israel that captures their loyalty, Jews would be a far more tolerable bunch, I think. Maybe they could get back to an authentic, non-Zionist Judaism. I do see your point, though; I wouldn't want them coming here (to Australia), either.

I'm going to sound like a huge 'liberal' here and suggest that you spend some time around Muslims. I think you'll find that the vast majority of anti-western angst derives from our support for Israel. I live among Muslims every day here (in Macedonia, where I am at the moment, not Australia) and there's nothing in the way of a bloody-minded animosity to speak of. I would dare say the vast majority very much are those 'moderate Muslims' that liberals assure of us. The thing is, such a 'moderate' Islam can't really be justified in Islamic terms, so it's really just 'lax Islam'.

In my opinion, it's undoubtable that US and Israeli policies are the cause of Muslim fundamentalism far more than anything Muslims themselves believed about their religion before 'fundamentalists' (ie true believers) began to be able to rightly point out to them that look at Palestine, look at Afghanistan, look at Chechnya, look at Bosnia, look at Iraq (see that pattern?) and thus recruit Muslims to their view. But still, even given all that, I think the vast majority would simply prefer to be left the hell alone.

But yes, Muslims are a problem when they live among you. Things can be fine for quite a long time, people can get along, be friends, attend each others' festivals etc, but any incident can ignite passions and boom, there's a huge problem on hand. That's why I think it's best to 'work with' Muslim countries, create conditions conducive to international peace, but, at all costs, keep them out of our countries.

And you're right about the Scandanavian 'decadents'. Western decadance may rile uptight Muslims - like that Egyptian whose name I forget who started the Muslim Brotherhood, who was upset by what he saw in the US - but it's hard to rally support for a global Jihad simply because European women go to the beach topless. Surely you can see that. (Furthermore, I think many of the criticisms of liberal society that Muslims make are entirely valid. Do you really think a society consumed first, second and last by sex, as we today are, is a healthy society? Doesn't the degradation it has caused worry you at all?)

#37     Jul 27, 2006
  8. LOL isn't that ironic that in a thread called "Many Key Liberal's Don't Back Israel" conservatives are showing their true colors. One of you is virulently anti-Semitic and anti-Israel, the other is claiming that the Israelis are puppets fighting american wars and sharing "the maniac mentality our arab enemies in that region have", and you Pabst would hate to "see the U.S. absorbing several million Jewish immigrants", would like to convert the Jews into Christianity and are actually in doubt whether the support of Israel is warranted given that there has been no terror attacks in Sweden and Norway just yet.

Don't be surprised if american jews keep supporting Howard Dean and Co.

#38     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Spect8or is consistent:
    a racist bigot through and through.

It is one thing to take issue with Israel's policy, which I do. It is another thing entirely to be anti-Semitic and anti Israel...

#39     Jul 27, 2006
  10. What kind of crap is that?

One can take issue with some policy or other as long as they are not serious about it?
    If one is serious, then they have a negative label applied to em?

This sounds like a run of the mill neocon.

#40     Jul 27, 2006