Many Key Liberal's Don't Back Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Oh it is. Do you think Waters would have voted nay if the resolution was in defense of black South Africans who were being attacked by White Boars? LMFAO! There's no money bet riding on Water's support of Israel. If there was she would have voted differently.

I know it blows up your lib version of the world, you know, that little hiding place in your mind where NASCAR fans are lynching blacks and Trent Lott is enforcing Jim Crow but the truth is blacks can't stand Jews You're like the LAST person in America who doesn't know it. Jews complain BITTERLY that they were on the cutting edge of the civil rights movement and are yet hated. Two reasons. Before the Koreans and Arabs, most ghetto businesses were run by Jews. Simple reason. The old Jewish ghettos are the neighborhoods that turned black. Jews moved on up and blacks moved on in. So many Jews kept their little stores as the area became black and commuted home each night to the 'burbs. Blacks have always been resentful of the non-Blacks who they feel "exploit" them. Instead of being grateful that someone actually provides goods to them they feel "ripped off." So a lot of prejudice started there. Secondly blacks in a primitive Christian way look at Jews as "Christ killers." The whole rapture thing isn't yet a part of black church folk-lore.

#21     Jul 23, 2006
  2. So who gives a shit? There will always be a small number of black politicians representing black constituency and voting against Israel. They are absolutely irrelevant, their number will not grow, their influence will not increase. This while true has nothing to do with the premise of this thread that "progressives" and democrats are anti-israel.

#22     Jul 23, 2006
  3. Strawman.

Yes, I think Waters would probably have voted pro oppressed blacks in South Africa, just as Jews voted on the side of Israel, but that doesn't make her anti Semitic, and doesn't present any evidence to support your conclusions.

Thus far, you have shown no paper trail or evidence that black congressmen and black congresswomen are anti Semitic, and voted against Israel on that basis.

Really Pabst, your ability to reason effectively must be diminished by the heat....

Please don't drink and post...

#23     Jul 23, 2006
  4. It is my guess that many politicians feign a pro Israel position because they would never want to offend wealthy Jewish supporters or be labeled anti Semitic. You can see how easily (look at Pabst) people throw around the term anti Semitic with no genuine foundation....

We found out what Nixon said behind closed doors on tape, things that he would never say to potential Jewish supporters....

http://www.fpp.co.uk/History/antisemitism/Nixon_onJews.html

#24     Jul 23, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Hopefully true. But can you predict going forward how the increasing Latino population will view Israel? As you know I'm both pro-Israel and partial to Jews even though I think many of them are commie pinko scum. At least they're entertaining. But domestic support for Israel?

ISR is on a heavy sell. I'd say it's going to zero. Finished. That's the implicit fear of the administration. Cease fire? Meaningless, because if Islam fails to take out Israel today they'll just wait. And CLEARLY a waiting game favors Islam. Someday EVERYONE will have the same hardware as Israel (at 70 bucks a barrel that day's soon) and then Israel is toast. The resolve/sentiment in the west will increasingly favor "selling out" Israel. Bet on it.

#25     Jul 23, 2006
  6. One day if you have time Pabst, I'd really like to hear why you support Israel, or why you think it's so important that America do so.

The way I see it, it's clear as the sun: against the wishes of the native Arabs, Jews settled in Palestine en masse; their goal was never to share Palestine with the Arabs, but to grab as much as they can for themselves alone; at only some 20% of Palestine's pre-'47 population they were, against all moral standars, 'awarded' with a state of their own - as though Britain simply has the right to parcel out land to whom it sees fit; in the ensuing (and eminently just, from an Arab perspective) war, the Jews forcibly evicted hundreds of thousands of native Arabs and invented the myth that they left on their own accord; they were never in danger of losing the '67 war and, indeed, desired it and were the aggressors; and they have continued to oppress - as is amply documented - the Arab people in those occupied regions ever since.

Pabst, it's time for the scales to fall from your eyes. I'm no 'philo-palestinian', and I see no room at all for Islam in the West (its presence brings no discernible benefit and can only cause trouble), but facts are simply facts, and once having acknowledged these facts, I'll say again, I see no good reason for supporting Israel.

I mean, come on, to say there is a 'good reason' for supporting Israel is to say that America gains some benefit from doing so. Well, what is that benefit?

#26     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Actually 33%. How many brits lived in Australia when it was discovered? How many portugese, french, spaniards lived in North and South America when they were discovered? Unlike europeans who massacred local population and grabbed their land, jews were actually legally buying land from the turkish government and local arabs. Unlike europeans who moved to a far-away island, exterminated the natives and called it Australia ( Canada, Mexico, Brazil, USA...), Israel was created by the United Nations. From this perspective Israel is more legitimate than the US, Australia and most other countries.

#27     Jul 27, 2006
  8. As I've already said to you, the Arabs and Muslims don't see it that way. And I think it far more pragmatic to take into account the sensibilities of 150 million Arabs and over 1 billion Muslims than a handful of Zionists; Zionists, who, I might add, care virtually nothing for the countries they inhabit and, indeed, have been quite instrumental in the cultural and demographic destruction of those countries, all with a view to making them 'safer' (so the twisted logic goes) for Jews and garnering support for Israel.

No doubt that all sounds unregenerately antisemitic to you, but so what? Facts don't stop being facts simply because Jews might get offended. (And these days, when don't they get offended?)

#28     Jul 27, 2006
  9. The topic of this thread aside, how can you say this and not know the answer? Israel is fighting, militarily, those enemies the US cannot fight due to political sensitivity. If you're the big 8th grader on the block, and there's a 4th grader you would love to kick the shit out of, wouldn't it be better to get your 5th grade friend to do it rather than you doing it?

Israel is the perfect "ally". We give them weapons and technology, then we wind them up and let them go off in the direction we want. They're the perfect fire-and-forget missile! They share the maniac mentality our arab enemies in that region have, and we have almost no accountability.

#29     Jul 27, 2006
  10. Facts, what facts? All you have provided is your opinion, don't confuse it with facts.

#30     Jul 27, 2006