Many greedy girls will remain old maids due to a longlasting crisis?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Mar 3, 2010.

1. This belongs to economics.

No sugar-daddies, no penthouse apartment, no Series-7 or E or S-class car, no $50k wedding as some suggested, and so on.

So the economy goes down, with the only difference that this time its sustainable.

#11     Mar 3, 2010
  2. They'll be essential to the recovery.

Heres a scientific article that explains how it's all gonna play out.

"After 14 years of rigorous field and laboratory research, we now know the full extent that the gold digger has on her economic environment. Our previous position that Gold Diggers were a parasitic cancer race of sub-humans made up primarily of plastic and air was not a sufficient definition. we now know that the Gold Digger plays an essential role in her environment, especially during economic recessions. Our findings show that in a failing economy the gold digger begins an aggressive campaign to seek out money-bloated males. Once a suitable male is located, a very brief mating ritual takes place after which the lethargic, often elderly male is left completely defenseless allowing the gold digger to attach herself to him. She then begins the process of draining his cash reserves. After some time, she will become engorged with cash and will have to detach herself from the host to purge. She is ill-designed to store the vast amounts of cash that sustained her would-be-wise host for so long. Luckily, it seems, for the rest of her species.
    While at first her purging appears random and often impulsive, a staggering masterpiece of intelligent "financial investment" soon begins to take shape. With strategic precision she purges money into market sectors which tend to struggle during economic downturns. Consumer cyclicals, transportation, services and precious metals were among her most common selections. As she nears completion of a purging, she begins to navigate her way back to her host. Evidence suggests that this is accomplished by a powerful sense of smell designed specifically to detect the scent of money. When she has fully drained her host, the Gold Digger is forced to venture out once again in search of a new one. By the time she expires (around 36 years) she will likely have purged 96,000 x the cash of an average human, staved off total economic failure, and made many old rich males look like complete ass douches."

#12     Mar 4, 2010
  3. There is a simple solution to that. The brides father is traditionally supposed to pay for the wedding. I think I was lucky. All of my wifes family and all of my family both live in different countries, so we had a very small wedding which cost about $2k. Half of that cost was for the rings which were just simple platinum bands.

#13     Mar 4, 2010