Many Drug Prescriptions are Now Going Unfilled

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 10, 2011.

1. My next door neighbor had cancer. He went all-out with fasting (30 days), faith, herbs, anti-oxidants, organic, body-work, pilgrimage, ...

By the time, he put himself into professional hands, he was a lost cause. They gave him some chemotherapy, but these things are targeted. They only had once shot, and he was so weak from fasting, that it wasn't much of a shot.

Even as he was laying there at imminent risk for side-effects, his wife was still insisting on organic homeopathic "remedies."

For every case of cancer being cured by alternative medicine, there is probably a case of it going into remission by itself. Don't take chances. The drugs work. They do what they are supposed to do. They can do lots of other bad things as well, but they are potent. The tea leaves sitting on the shelf at your herb shop have been sitting there for three years and came from a plant with little quality control.

Be your own advocate, but use the tools and technologies available.

#21     Feb 13, 2011
  2. Bingo. I have three other people in my circle of family and friends fighting cancer. I say fighting in the present tense, because they all repudiated natural remedies in favor of modern medicine.

In contrast with my mother-in-law, who lasted 9 months after diagnosis, the remaining three are alive to tell the tale -- all of them for several years now. One is in his 70's. So while these drugs are potent, even the elderly can survive them. I'm all for eating right and otherwise staying as healthy as you can while fighting cancer, don't get me wrong, but home remedies are suicide.

#22     Feb 13, 2011
  3. Heh -- nope. It's the only thing any of us really has to do.

#23     Feb 13, 2011