Many Drug Prescriptions are Now Going Unfilled

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Food banks can no longer provider the food demanded of them.

Poor people choose between homes, food, heat and medical services.

the US is just beginning its largest influx of retired people. Most of these have just lost their retirement savings up to 40%. They cannot keep their jobs since most are becoming phased out.

The offspring of these people will have to take cae of them by buying the tuna and ramen for them and give them time in thier kitchens to prepare it.

Warmer parts of he country attract these roving misfits. Locally. we have switched to cardboard caskets.

Most of the major fundraisers for illness havecancelled their fundraising galas this year.

Keep up your endles jokes we all enjoy your demmonstrated disconnect to society.

#11     Feb 13, 2011
  2. Eight

Eight

I really don't know, I never had the same medical problem he had... it was funny though, I knocked on his door and was invited in, he's at the kitchen table with a big pile of white powder and a bunch of capsules and he says "this is not what it looks like"... then he told me about the med thingy...

What surprises me is what a bunch of dicks these doctors are. His doctor was pissed at him for correcting his condition with herbs. I had a shoulder bursitis that the doctors could do nothing about at all, I cured it with some Hyaluronic Acid, so I mention to my dick of a doctor and he says "if you cured it with a supplement then it was not diagnosed in the first place"... I remember sitting there thinking how I could say "f%^k you lameassed dickwad" politely and I couldn't think of it so I stopped going to those idiots pretty muchly...

#12     Feb 13, 2011
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Just wait until 200 dollar oil.

#13     Feb 13, 2011
  4. Uhmnnn..

The good news. generic-drug prescriptions were increasing at a compounded annual rate of 12% between 2004 and 2008

According to my major disconnect with society, seems like more people than ever are eating pills. {:>)

-----------------------

"Between 28 percent and 31 percent of new prescriptions for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, for example, went unfilled, according to findings published in the Journal of General Internal Medicine."

"Patients were least likely to pick up prescriptions for pain drugs, with only 45 percent of new prescriptions being filled. Between one- quarter and one-third of new prescriptions for conditions like depression, asthma and gastrointestinal ills also went unfilled."

"If they do not fully understand the reason that they are being prescribed the medication, they may be less likely to take it," lead researcher Dr. Michael A. Fischer, of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, told Reuters Health in an email."

"Exactly why many patients did not fill their prescriptions is unclear. One possibility is that, when health problems cause few or no symptoms -- as with high blood pressure or high cholesterol -- people may not see the need for a medication.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/17/us-new-prescriptions-study-idUSTRE61G3QX20100217

#14     Feb 13, 2011
  5. "Exactly why many patients did not fill their prescriptions is unclear.
    ----------------------------------

There are people who go to the doctor for attention, with the intention of never taking any meds.

There are people who consider taking a pill an admission of being somehow "not normal" with no intention of ever taking medication.

Any doctors office will with provide you with samples if you do not have the money, for months if needed.

If a script provides 2 or 3 refills and you choose not to refill, does this count as unfilled?

Nice spin on the recession and unfilled medications due to cost and I'm sure there are instances, free meds for everyone. Booyah!

#15     Feb 13, 2011
  6. chartman

chartman

The law of the jungle. Let the strong (rich) survive and the weak (poor) perish!

#16     Feb 13, 2011
  7. My mother-in-law tried your buddy's plan with cancer.

She's dead.

#17     Feb 13, 2011
  8. Eight

Eight

Shit happens...

#18     Feb 13, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

The drug companies are criminals. If a doc writes a certain # of a companies drugs, he/she can get vacations paid for, and even checks for $50,000 and more. Can't believe this shit goes on in 2011!

I've gotta note this too. 25+ years ago drug reps seeing doctors were mostly men. Today, mostly female. Not just any female. A good Friend and Client of mine is a family practice M.D. You should see what is trying to get sales apointments every day with him, or his partners! They're almost playboy models in dress clothes...

Looks like in 2011, drug companies sell sex and give doctors kickbacks to peddle their band aid (treats ONLY the symptom) products. Mind bending!

#19     Feb 13, 2011

10. She might be dead in any case. Do you know of anyone who isn't dead eventually?

#20     Feb 13, 2011