Man's Best Friend Thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Tomorrow is clear the shelters day, so go have a look at your local shelter if you're considering a new four legged family member. The wife and I are going and expecting to bring home a doggie for us to spoil. Haven't had a dog for 6 years now since we had to put down our Beagle. It's time. The cat will just have to adjust. I'll post some pics assuming we find the right fit.

#11     Jul 22, 2016
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Can't wait to see the pics!

#12     Jul 23, 2016
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

And..... ;)?

Should we start a "name the puppy thread"?

#13     Jul 24, 2016
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

This is a great great website btw... just like human food, there is a lot of crap dog food out there. Too bad I don't feed myself as well. :banghead: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

I buy the "I and Love and You Nude Food". 5 stars. Well worth the money. (She loves her Poultry Palooza!)

#14     Jul 24, 2016
  5. No dog. Went to two shelters and couldn't find the right one. Tons of Pits and larger dogs in the shelters. Maybe later.

#15     Jul 25, 2016
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhh, ......you'll know when its right. As you most assuredly know, its a lifelong commitment so good on ya for not rushing. You'll find him or her....
    ......these things have a way of finding themselves. ♫

#16     Jul 25, 2016
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  7. The good news is I'm going to do some volunteer work at the local shelter. I can help, and they need it, plus I can scope out the dogs. Been awhile since I've helped out, so it'll be good to lend a hand. Sometimes it's heart breaking, but it's work that needs doing.

#17     Jul 25, 2016
  8. Buy a pedigreed puppy from a quality breeder. o_O:) -- not some old dog with mental issues from a random shelter.
    Quite frankly...they should just instantly put most of those dogs/pets to sleep, instead of spending resources on them.

#18     Jul 25, 2016
  9. [QE="lawrence-lugar, post: 43disagreember: 425225"]Buy a pedigreed puppy from a quality breeder. o_O:) -- not some old dog with mental issues from a random shelter.
    Quite frankly...they should just instantly put most of those dogs/pets to sleep, instead of spending resources on them.[/QUOTE]
    I can't tell you how strongly I disagree and I'll just leave it at that

#19     Jul 25, 2016
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Me thinks he's got another agenda here.

Hey LL... post a friggin trade. Else you go into the IGGY file with Conduit. And thats not good company dude. fwiw

#20     Jul 25, 2016