Manipulator defined?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Feb 14, 2003.

1. The nobel prize Maurice Allais affirms that thanks to real time Market can be manipulated technically very easily - more easily than if it was just a fixing once a day (he doesn't say that it is he says that it CAN but when interests are so huge ....): but you don't have to get a nobel prize to understand why: just look how supermarkets control the flow of clients they divide them between as many cash registers as needed. Real time can be a technical mean of division. And as I said in another post, my model equations show that volume has no impact on key price levels which make the traders react - of course volume are significant statistically for judging the market but this is not I am talking about.

#41     Feb 17, 2003
  2. Well thank goodness we're talking about something relevant. I mean, while some things have stayed the same (corporate deception, the attitudes of traders), some things have changed (the power of a few players to manipulate the market). As someone noted before, perhaps a few players can move thinner stocks, options, etc in the direction they want, but it can't stay there long unless it belongs there!

#42     Feb 17, 2003
  3. Only 5 posts, but all of them brilliant.

I couldn't have said it better.

#43     Feb 17, 2003
  4. thanx traderprofit...i just cant believe the flaws in some of these traders psychology...dont worry about so called manipulators worry about where there is opportunity!

#44     Feb 17, 2003
  5. or was there some low volume manipulation
    into the close today ...

alot of names ramped up in the last 30 -45 minutes:confused:

#45     Feb 18, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

you are not alone. we love and hate manipulation.

:p

#46     Feb 21, 2003
  7. qdz2

qdz2

In my book,

ORDER MANIPULATORS = PRICE MOVERS
    PERIOD.

:p

#47     Feb 21, 2003
  8. tfmoney

tfmoney

hehhe

#48     Feb 21, 2003
  9. omcate

omcate

The following news is related to market manipulation:

Reuters
    Japan Punishes JP Morgan Unit
    Friday February 28, 4:59 am ET

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's financial regulator said on Friday it had ordered the brokerage unit of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM - News) in Tokyo to suspend stock trading on its own account for 10 business days from March 3-14.

The penalty against the Tokyo office of J.P. Morgan Securities Asia Pte Ltd. was issued three days after a watchdog said the unit had manipulated market prices through irregular transactions involving exchangeable bonds (EBs).

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030228/financial_japan_jpmorgan_6.html

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#49     Feb 28, 2003
  10. bro gdz2... just doesn't get it. But we need guys like him in the makerts... someone's got to feed the pot.

But in my opinion... gdz has a maturity problem. And as I've posted before you can't trade successfully if your maturity quotient is too low. Maturity as in being able to take responsiblity for your defeats as much as your successes.

#50     Feb 28, 2003