Mandela Effect list

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Any of these seem familiar? I remember Sinbads Shazaam movie, and after reading this I thought it was bullshit that the movie vanished from existence. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find it anywhere.

• 4 people in JFK car. Now 6 people

• Dolly had braces in the "Moonraker" movie. Now, there are no braces

• There was a movie in which Sinbad plays a genie. Now the movie vanished from existence

• Volkswagen logo was solid. Now it has a middle cut

• Australia was way to the south with Ocean all around it, apart from New Zealand to the north east of it. It was the "down under" continent

• New Zealand has moved from above Australia to below

• South America moved 500-1000 miles East. Used to be much more inline with North America

• Braggs is now Bragg

• Interview With A Vampire: Now Interview With THE Vampire

• Tiananmen Square Man was run over by a tank, now he stopped the tank instead

• Looney TOONS: Now Looney Tunes

• Isaiah 11:6 “..the lion will lay down with the lamb”: Now “..the wolf also shall dwell with the lamb”

• Matthew 6:10 “..on earth as it is in heaven”: Now “..IN earth as it is in heaven”

• Matthew 9:17 "Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins": Now old BOTTLES

• Joshua 7:11 “..and they have put it even among their own possessions” Now: “..their own STUFF”

• Forest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates": Now "Life WAS like.."

• “It’s a WONDERFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD”: Now “A BEAUTIFUL Day in THIS neighborhood”

• SILENCE of the Lambs: Now THE Silence of the Lambs

• "Mirror, mirror on the wall": Now “MAGIC mirror on the wall”

• “LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER”: Now “No, I am your father”

• Sex IN The City: Now Sex AND The City

• Donald J. Potts; "My wife remembers a completely different wedding date than I do."

• Fruit Loops: Now FROOT Loops

• It was "Kit-Kat" and "Coca-Cola" with a centered dash in between. Now, Kit-Kat's dash vanished and Coca-Cola's dash is towards the top instead of being in the center

• No more “Of the world” at the end of We Are The Champions

• Oscar Meyer Wieners: Now Oscar MAYER Wieners

• Earth is now in the center of the Milky Way instead of the outside edge. We were on the very outskirts of the Sagittarius arm of our galaxy. Now we are located more in the middle of a different arm

• North and South Korea moved from the bottom of China to above it, or 33 Degrees

• Chic-Fil-A: Now CHICK-Fil-A

• The human stomach is now under your left rib cage

• The human skeleton now has 4 floating ribs in the back

• Our hearts were more to the left. Two thirds of it to the left. Our left lung was smaller than the right to compensate for the room the heart took up

• Our intestines are now a chaotic mish-mash rather than the well-ordered ones we had. The kidneys were lower and not up in the rib cage

• We had an an open rib cage. All the ribs were free-floating. None were fused to each other or the sternum. Now the liver also expanded and grew a second lobe

• “Build it and they will come”: Now “Build it and HE will come”

• The Great Pyramid Cheops was in the middle behind the Sphinx and missing a capstone. Now, It has a twin, Khafre (in the middle now) next to it standing the same height. The smallest one, Menkaure was more further away left than it stands today. The Pyramids were being more remote than they are now. Giza is right next to it!

• The Pacific ocean now covers the entire globe on one side

• C3PO from Star Wars now has a SILVER LEG

• Smokey The Bear: Now Smokey Bear

• Steven Segal: Now Steven SEAGAL

• Depends underwear: Now DEPEND

• Curious George lost his tail

• Cruella DeVille: Now Cruella de Vil

• The US lost 2 states and now has 50

• Febreeze: Now Febreze

• J.C. Penny: Now J.C. Penney

• Adolf Hitler had brown eyes: Now blue eyes

• DEA now stands for Drug Enforcement Administration, not Drug Enforcement Agency

• Madonna was her stage name not her real name and it was considered an affront to the Church. Her birth name was "Maria", Maria Louise Veronica Ciccone. Now Madonna is her real birth name and her full name is Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone

• There never was a country called Mongolia (apart from Inner Mongolia within China). According to this timeline history, it sent troops to Iraq! Mongolia only existed during the days of Genghis Khan and was part of China after the collapse of the Mongol Empire!

• The global seed vault was in Greenland not Svalbard. There was no such place called Svalbard and the online search results would show it as a mythical name

• There was a mini continent in the North Pole called Arctica with a massive land mass covered in ice. It vanished and according to this timeline, it was only an ancient continent!

• Alaskan Airlines: Now Alaska Airlines

• Israel's capital, Tel Aviv: Now Jerusalem

2. elderado

elderado

3. Im not so sure. I have a memory of watching the trailer because I didn't like Sinbad at the time and I thought the only reason they gave sinbad the part to the movie was because of his name and how it related to ali baba and the 40 thieves and thought, why would they even make him a genie when Sinbad was a sailor, not a genie. The memory doesn't make sense when applied to shaq. But then again, maybe I just had the memory because he took the name of Sinbad when I loved the 1001 arabian nights stories and didn't like this joker claiming to be Sinbad and I made up a false memory of the rest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do wonder though that because there are so many people that swear Shazaam was a movie that if it is some kind of false memory, then I wonder if it can be replicated. Like could a large group like 4chan just decide to make up a movie that never existed, and put it out there on the internet and have people say they remember just to see if it drums up false memories in people?

And if it is possible to trigger false memories in people, then it would also theoretically be able to trigger false history. Saying an event took place that didn't. Like find some really old pictures of soldiers that have never been released to the public, and then saying "This was a battle that happened in 1908" And maybe some people will say "I remember my grandpa telling me about that battle"

4. elderado

elderado

Yep.

"Wag the Dog" with Dustin Hoffman.

People are lemmings.

5. elderado

elderado

peilthetraveler likes this.
  6. Ah here's another one that I recently heard of. Apparently Ed McMahon never worked for Publishers Clearinghouse despite the fact that everyone on the planet remembers him associated with PCH.

7. elderado

elderado

8. Abraham Lincoln. I remember "Four Score and 7 years ago, our forefathers..."

Now it's just fathers.

9. Arnie

Arnie