Mandatory gun insurance?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

THAT is your rationalization for not opposing yet another infringement on citizens rights?

You're a useful idiot.
    Why is that? You live in Canada.

#21     Mar 27, 2013
  2. Which is exactly my point. Who would have thought that we would even be debating the use of drone attacks on Americans at all, let alone on U.S. soil? And with a left leaning dem in command no less. The only thing stopping these guys is the can't quite figure out how to sell gunning down a few million "armed" people. It would be quite messy and they're trying to avoid that. Best way to do it is to disarm the nation.

#22     Mar 27, 2013
  3. I would assume the shortages are just from everyone panicking and thinking all calibers are going to be banned or something so they are loading up. I know most stores around here limit you to one box of ammo per day.

#23     Mar 27, 2013
  4. ==========================
    Good points;most NRA members have insurance anyway:cool:

I like that US Senator that lectured Senator Finestein,[1st, 2nd amendment] like she was a 6th grader.Even though she said, MAD,'' i am not a 6th grader.LOL:D ''
    =================================

#24     Mar 27, 2013
  5. Murray, does the insurance come with your membership or do you have to get it separately? I am a Life Member and should know this but I don't.

#25     Mar 27, 2013
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Comes with your membership. I believe you can purchase additional insurance as well.

#26     Mar 27, 2013
  7. wjk

wjk

He also has a legion of useful idiots.

#27     Mar 27, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

I didn't even know that. I never look at the membership material they send.

#28     Mar 27, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

7. How likely is such a law to pass?

Not very. Many such bills have been rejected over the years – nearly two dozen since 2003, in fact, according to the National Council of State Legislatures. Illinois failed to pass a bill in 2009 requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance and the state House recently rejected a measure that would have required concealed weapons carriers to carry liability insurance.

Were such a bill to pass, it would likely face legal challenges over the constitutionality of forcing people to buy insurance to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

What’s more, Hartwig says it is unlikely insurers would offer such coverage.

#29     Mar 27, 2013