Mandatory gun insurance?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Aren't all those quotes arguments for civilians to own weapons of war, not just pistols and rifles?

#11     Mar 27, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pretty much, an argument just as valid today as it was back then.

#12     Mar 27, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Maybe even more so today than then...

#13     Mar 27, 2013
  4. The simple weapons give claws to the weak.
    George Orwell

To be honest this quote is taken out of context. He was really saying that so long as ALL weapons are simple, and ALL are available to the average man, the common man has a chance against the tyranny of the state.
    Obviously those times are long gone, but a completely disarmed society is destined for an age where despots like Bloomberg will reign supreme.

#14     Mar 27, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It's a "little bit" of a way to go from junk food cup bans, to "despot".

des·pot
    /ˈdespət/
    Noun
    A ruler or other person who holds absolute power, typically exercising it cruelly.
    Synonyms
    tyrant - oppressor - autocrat

Throwing these words around is an insult to history, and to real victims.

#15     Mar 27, 2013
  6. I checked the other day for some .223 and 9mm ammo and Walmart said they had just gotten a shipment and sold out of all in a few hours. Academy sports sold out 2 hours from delivery also. I think the same people more than likely know exactly when deliveries come in and are there waiting for it the second they bring it out. They did say that they had plenty .40 and .45 ammo and they also had .308 and .300 at all the stores.

Looks like I need to diversify my home protection lol.

#16     Mar 27, 2013
  7. Every despot starts small and grows into his role as a cruel tyrant, and Bloomberg is hardly small. He's well on his way to tyranny, and needs to know it won't be a smooth path should he choose to continue. Him, Obama, and the rest of these wanne'be pharaohs.

#17     Mar 27, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

I'm not sure what the reason for the shortage in calibers other than what DHS was purchasing. I think either the ammo factories switched production to the calibers DHS need causing the shortages in the other calibers or it's not just the DHS buying up the ammo supplies.

#18     Mar 27, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

We have it so rough.

Edit: in case you think I'm a bit too cavalier, I do have strong concerns re the use of robots (drones, etc.) on American soil.

#19     Mar 27, 2013
  10. The seeds were sown when you gave Barney Fife an Uzi.

#20     Mar 27, 2013