Managing Your Trading Time

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Andrea Wylan, Oct 15, 2020.

1. deaddog

deaddog

Does your trading plan (I assume you have a written trading plan) cover this topic?

#21     Oct 22, 2020
  2. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Good question! Yes, but it could be tighter. :)

#22     Oct 22, 2020
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Want to share what you have?

#23     Oct 22, 2020
  4. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Not reallyo_O

#24     Oct 23, 2020
  5. deaddog

deaddog

Fair enough. It seems like I'll have to sign up to get any helpful info. But how do I know I won't be wasting my money.

#25     Oct 23, 2020
  6. Andrea, here's an update: I took your advice and it worked out pretty good. I got into MSFT at $215.76 on Thursday morning just after the market opened. Then BAM... the market tumbled. I did not get out at a controlled loss like I should have and saw it plummet to even further losses. I decided to not be a day trader for the day and kept my position and went golfing. BTW, I never do that.
    I came back from my round of golf and it had actually recovered slightly but I had to hold my position overnight which makes me very uncomfortable. Then today MSFT open higher then crashed again. I decided to have lunch with my parents. When I came back MSFT had risen to the levels that I bought it at Thursday morning and actually made $15. I know its not a huge gain but I think of it avoiding a huge loss.
    Thanks for the advice to once and awhile chill out...

#26     Oct 23, 2020
  7. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

That is great news! And really good work managing your emotions and letting it go and doing something else. Huge gain! Thanks for sharing the outcome with us.:thumbsup:

#27     Oct 24, 2020
  8. The Three Special 4 LETTER WORDS OF A Successful Trader Strategy: :banghead:

HOPE

WISH

PRAY

#28     Oct 24, 2020
  9. One needs to keep a check on the time while trading. It is the only thing that will help in the long run.

#29     Apr 7, 2021
  10. never2old

never2old

stay

calm

don't

lose

your

cool

know

your

limit