Managing Funds for a Living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by paysense, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laughing my head off...you are right - better yet, why not put your $$$ into a 50-100% per MONTH with futures!!LMHO:D

#21     May 19, 2007
  2. ta1

ta1

haha hahaha hahaha lol lol lol good one Jimmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    hahaha hahaha lol lol oh god that was one of your better ones !!!!!:p :p :p

#22     May 19, 2007
  3. Perhaps I am naive, but the herd mentality stays true to its form.

I propose that a GOOD fund manager takes into consideration how to best progress funds for the long-term. After all, MONEY COMPOUNDS POWERFULLY after more than 5 years.

It may be entertaining and an ego boost to pump funds up wildly for the short term and perhaps many do find success in jumping from one hot approach to the next.

This of course is a moot point as most seem to enjoy day-trading perhaps quite large in $$$, yet small in relation to one's net-worth. Or for that matter most ACTUAL hedge fund managers perhaps have similar mentalities and track records for all those dollars managed. I just don't know!

But for the long-haul, I have chosen to prefer strategizing for what targets to be the largest possible AVERAGE ANNUAL RETURN throughout many years - in keeping with certain sense of a smooth approach or managed risk. That type of 'through the roof blast-off' may only need a 40-60% compounded (average) rate. Just check the numbers if you don't believe me!

paysense

#23     May 20, 2007
  4. BJL

BJL

sure, a return of *only* 40-60% will compound spectactularly...

#24     May 20, 2007
  5. Another day of perusing has yielded the following:

~Blurb on C2: "I'm implementing on C2 my system designed for the long-haul. If you want to get a jump now, check out how we've done at ****.com. You won't generate HUGE capital in the next 6 months, but will learn how to compound powerfully over the years."

...and then perform as have done historically.

Seems I'd gradually grow $50-$99 subscriptions that may amount to 25-100. If C2 prospers as it should (great platform idea) perhaps can do better.

More importantly...will generate an independent track record. I've said before I'll keep current site isolated, but this may not be best.

I've also noticed that many posters on Elite Trader are found at C2. Then I'd likely 'release' my site url via PM (if not for your entertainment lol). But enuf about me it's making me sick.

paysense

#25     May 20, 2007
  6. I don't understand some of the questions on this website....does no one have networking/sales skills?

I could sell a piece of turd wrapped in a red ribbon...

I know a lot of people will not take me seriously, but I know plenty of people in my parents neighboorhood (upper class) that have given money to plenty of entrepreneurs promising them everything from millions to eternal happiness.

Do you have any contacts? Do you know how to network?

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but all it takes for you is to talk the talk (and throw out a little numbers) and you can get money.

The guy I intern for is a hedge fund mnager who is 26 yrs old and has a major completely unrelated to managing money. However, he is not afraid to take no for an answer and will pitch to anyone he thinks looks like a "whale".

Just for the record I'm not trying to demean anyone... I simply have noticed that many people on this forum are really overly pessimistic.

#26     May 21, 2007
  7. BJL

BJL

ah yes, the 26yr old hf manager. good point.

#27     May 21, 2007
  8. I know you are being sarcastic, but he already has done more than the poster with less experience.

Sorry, I guess I may just be ignorant in having drive.

#28     May 21, 2007
  9. BJL

BJL

come to think of it... it is a good point actually.

nobody in his right mind should give money to a 26yr old HF manager. if he succeeds in raising the money, it should be easy for the OP (though I'm not sure he's more qualified than your guy).

#29     May 21, 2007
  10. Thank you. The only point I was trying to drive accross is if you are making a fund, you've got to be a salesman. No offense to the original poster, but he does not seem to have this avenue figured out yet.

Also, though I won't share it here, the reason why this guy does so well is because he has a very nice niche... a place he trades in that most don't touch. But, I'm sure the same thing can be said for most small funds/traders.

#30     May 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.