Managing Funds for a Living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by paysense, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will someone take the bait please?

#11     May 18, 2007
  2. uswolfus

uswolfus

Franz, is that you?

#12     May 18, 2007
  3. Now that I've looked at the best of the best sorted as follows...

1- length of track record with 2yrs+ (precious few)
    2- annual percent return greater than 50% (much fewer)
    3- reasonable uptrend (narrow further)
    4- contrast this with Realism Factor and APD "Average Profit to Drawdown"

...and you are left with a handful.

Which begs the question: Do these top draws get anything more than a monthly subscription following?

What kinds of doors (if any) can I expect to open after say a 2-year stint?

paysense

#13     May 18, 2007
  4. BJL

BJL

okay, what's your site and under what name have you reg'd at c2?

#14     May 19, 2007
  5. Ares

Ares

ROTFLMAO

Rolling On The Floor laughing My Ass Off

#15     May 19, 2007
  6. ... in addition to everything else that has been said, you're looking to implement a "LONG ONLY" strategy at the top of a bull market ...

#16     May 19, 2007
  7. lindq

lindq

There are no certainties in life.

Other than death and taxes.

And coincidentally, trading typically results in one...or the other.

#17     May 19, 2007
  8. Thanks gents. I've had a lot to think about this past evening.

First off, my 'fully-developed' strategy has been such for quite some time. I literally do quite remarkable 'in my sleep'.

That being said, i'm borderline foolish to have already opened myself up to the WWW as i've already done these past years.

I left enuf up to the subscriber to figure, by having to forge with me thru all market periods to 'get' all the subleties that make things work so well.

That being said...since my web-based training services lay so much out, I've decided to manage C2 funds independently. They will only get the executions.

So...it will take a couple of years for me to filter up to the top 10. Not sure what all the Forex day-trading craze has been lately, but likely to be a flash in the pan. When sharp corrections and bear markets develop (as they inevitably will) many 200 - 800 %ers will die out (or come back closer to earth) or perhaps forge on - we'll see.

The very best will likely go on to manage "REAL" funds of substantial $$$. Even still, most "hedge funds" that produce in excess of 100% annual returns end up 5-10 years later - back to zero. [i.e. +200, +100, +50, -150, -50, +300, -400...]

I've designed around such highly-regarded ventures and will be pleased to reap some subscription costs - but more importantly and independent audit of my actions.

As for the tops...they are welcomed as well since the idea is to 'outperform' which is done nicely by sitting on the sidelines with cash for a spell.

The platform will also allow me to implement another strategy that is already 'fully-developed' that does nicely selling naked OTM puts and calls on indexes - at pronounced tops and strong market bottoms. Not the smooth chart similar to the condensed (~50-75% average yearly gains) 20-yr mutual fund chart - but consistent and predictably safe 50%-100% annual jumps to your bucks.

Well i've said enough for now - and no I am not going to spam you with a redirection - but there is enough to comment on ALL YOU READERS and the convo is enjoyable.

paysense

#18     May 19, 2007
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have 2 systems on this list. Care to take a guess which ones? :)

Where would your system be on this list?

[​IMG]

#19     May 19, 2007
  10. But his method generates "consistent and predictably safe 50%-100% annual jumps to your bucks" though, I think I'll max out my credit cards and go all-in on this one.

JJ

#20     May 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.